Muppets Auditions Sept 2005+

Marky

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I understand now. Sorry about misunderstanding earlier, then. :smile:

We'll forget the whole thing.
Cool!

So... since they're still in the decision making process, who here made callbacks? How many were there and in what city? And who at the agency calls made it to the hold-the-muppet-in-front-of-Martin-Baker stage (agency people didn't have to do this apparently dreadful ping-pong thing)? And again, how many were there?

To be fair, I'll answer first...

Toronto. Agency Call, November 6th. 4 guys showed up. 2 guys got past the voice stage to the muppet holding (no pun intended) stage.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
To keep peace with the MHC/Diz and the possibility of a career, I would suggest that if you post information on MC that you do it so as to remain anonymous with them. I don't want anybody to hurt their chances by letting on who they are. :smile:

Marky

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
To keep peace with the MHC/Diz and the possibility of a career, I would suggest that if you post information on MC that you do it so as to remain anonymous with them. I don't want anybody to hurt their chances by letting on who they are. :smile:
(I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm asking honestly...)
Do you think anyone at MHC reads these posts? And if so, would they bother trying to figure out who's posting compared to who'd be on their current shortlist? And if they did, would they care enough for it to make a difference in their decision-making process?

I'm just too darn curious about the other auditions I wasn't at!!!

:halo:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I don't know the extent to which they care, but a lot of people directly involved with the Muppets do check out the forum, although they seldom most.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

yeah MHC/Disney does know about us (Mc.com) it was in one of the papers they gave us asking how we found out about the Muppet auditions. it had Puppet somthin.com (sorry dont remeber of hand) Muppet Central.com and Tought Pigs.com to check off.

so yeah they know about us! :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Marky said:
(I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm asking honestly...)
Do you think anyone at MHC reads these posts? And if so, would they bother trying to figure out who's posting compared to who'd be on their current shortlist? And if they did, would they care enough for it to make a difference in their decision-making process?

I'm just too darn curious about the other auditions I wasn't at!!!

:halo:
Yes, they do read MC, and TP. When in California I spoke with someone very close to the Henson family at the Museum of Television and Radio and she says they read these posts. As a matter of fact, I'm half-way embarassed posting this because it's likely that she is reading this right now.

(And if you are reading this right now: You're my favorite! :big_grin: )

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
dude , they read them all the time,
when i was at the shop in nyc , we used to go here every other day to see if anybody heard anything before us(which was often the case).

so yeah it might be wise for individuals who auditioned to keep it mum,

and quite frankly,. as curious as we may be, and as much as they might want to talk about it,

its non of our buisness, and i would think it would be foolish to risks thier possible job over a fan site.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I agree with Ravagefrackle. Stay anonymous, folks.

Jerry (or Dave) said so at MuppetFest, "Folks at MC would know what we were doing before WE knew what we were doing." Jerry also gave us a huge plug at MF.

Melonpool

Reaction score
Y'know, the other thing that was said at MuppetFest is something that we all should take to heart. The Muppets shouldn't be the end-all be-all goal for all of us. There are other games in town, whether they be other puppet troupes or starting up your own projects. It's enough that all of us were inspired enough by the Muppets to be interested in puppetry. There are only so many people they can employ, so why not use your skills to do your own thing?

Steve

Marky

Reaction score
But why would they care?

Fozzie Bear said:
I agree with Ravagefrackle. Stay anonymous, folks.

Jerry (or Dave) said so at MuppetFest, "Folks at MC would know what we were doing before WE knew what we were doing." Jerry also gave us a huge plug at MF.