Muppets at Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanksgiving morning don’t miss the Muppets at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The cast of Sesame Street will be making their annual appearance. The beloved Kermit the Frog balloon will also be in this year’s parade. Other Muppet friends may be making surprise appearances as well.

The Macy's parade airs on NBC. Check local listings for times in your area. After you watch the appearance, post here and share your thoughts.

wiley207

Reaction score
Macy's Parade 2010 talkback

Well, the parade has officially started with the countdown/cutting of the ribbon, followed by that stock marching band version of "New York, New York" as we are listed all celebrity appearances. It did say at one point "The Beloved Cast of Sesame Street, and the Muppets!"

Not watching the whole thing; too many cheesy lip-synched musical numbers; not enough parade. (This is on NBC, but from what I heard, CBS is mostly just nonstop talking.)

Muppetplus

Reaction score
Is it just me, or were Bert and Ernie not on the Sesame Street float this year?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They were in the top window with Zoe; the camera didn't go near them.

wiley207

Reaction score
I only caught the last bit of the Sesame Street float, because my parents insist we have breakfast during that time :attitude:

Looks like I didn't miss THAT much this year; Susan seemed absent from the float again. But it's good to see Bob still with the gang on the float.

Anyone else notice that they are STILL playing the old 1992-2006 Sesame Street closing credits music whenever they introduce the float? I thought they would've replaced it by now!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
pretty sure i saw susan there, i didnt see miles though

but i noticed the camera didnt go to each character as usual , i think it was the song they picked it wasnt very solo freindly

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
I've loved everything so far. The Kermit float was great and they even mentioned the new muppet movie! I also loved the Sesame float! The song was great and was so great to see the the (almost) whole cast there singing together! hopefully, we can see a special apearance by the muppets, maybe a song by :smile:.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
noticed the parade this year seems kinda rushed...hope we didnt miss anything during a commercial

wiley207

Reaction score
Looks like no Kermit the Frog appearance this year (outside of the float and balloon), at least on the NBC version. I'm kinda bummed out on that.