Muppets at Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

SpinneyBigBird1

Reaction score
Was it just me or were the actual MUPPETS not there like they said they would in the opening credits? I might have missed it, but I saw the Kermit balloon, and I was confused at the lack of :smile: and :mad: and :rolleyes:. Thoughts?

zns

Reaction score
I know it didn't seem like much, but I thought that everyone seemed well put together. At least they gave camera time to the best characters like Big Bird. :wisdom::wisdom::wisdom: Although I do agree, more of Ernie and Bert would have been great too. And the best part was that both the balloon and the float were right at the start, just behind Snoopy and a few bands. So overall, the parade was somewhat of an eventful point for us Henson enthusiasts.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Was it just me or were the actual MUPPETS not there like they said they would in the opening credits? I might have missed it, but I saw the Kermit balloon, and I was confused at the lack of :smile: and :mad: and :rolleyes:. Thoughts?
I assumed right then that they were referring to the Muppets of Sesame Street.

All in all, the Sesame Street performance felt extensively rushed. It seemed like it came and went in 75 seconds. I think they spent more time on the Kermit balloon than the Sesame cast singing.

Nick22

Reaction score
i missed the sesame street float, of course. i miss it every year. i'm either in the shower, or left the room for a minute. hahahaha

beaker

Reaction score
Was there any Muppet appearances? I swear they showed the Kermit float for a split second, and the Sesame float performance was cut shorter than normal. Does NBC have it in for the Muppets? I didnt expect there to be Muppet Show puppets showing up, but still...it seems more was made to do about the Kermit balloon and Sesame float in the past.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
The Today host announced the Muppets will be getting their walk of fame star next year, AND next year on Christmas Day the Muppet Movie will be released in theatres! HUGE NEWS because we haven't heard of an official release date till now.

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Actually, CoOKiE, the release date was announced over the summer. But, it is great to see them mention it and let more people know. :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
Anyone know if there's any good Sesame Street or Muppet footage from Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on youtube or elsewhere? I just found a few clips, but they were really bad quality or filmed off someone's tv

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Bannanasketch, i actually didn't know. I've been trying to keep up with the news behind the Muppet movie and Fraggle movie, but there is a lot more chitter chatter then news so i skim through the forums like every other month.

sry beaker, i haven't looked around. i had the parade set on my DVR so i could sleep in till 2pm and still catch it lol.