MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
If they have another MuppetFest, I hope they also have other projects planned to keep up the momentum. Last time it was so great and then suddenly they let it all kind of die down.

Had it not been for the Palisades figures, we really wouldn't have had much else. Well, the figures and the VMC movie.

SNLIM

Reaction score
i vote for dallas too! man i would be so there! :eek:

PMK

Reaction score
Are they doing Muppet Fest again?

If so, when and where?

I was reading over the coverage and it looks awesome. Are they doing it every year?

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
There were plans for a second on the east coast this spring, but it doesn't look like that will happen. With Henson for sale and so many things uncertain, a fan convention just isn't likey to come off. Maybe the new owners will be able to pick up the concept and do something with it in the future....

beaker

Reaction score
*maybe* Late Late 2003 in NYC...and thats a BIG maybe...as in slim chance of happening. The Valentine takeover and Fox Show Im sure would happen before a Muppetfest I would think.

Luke

Reaction score
No, there are still plans for it within Henson (not sure about Creations involvement), and they are a little firmer than people think, although not definite. Cory was right when he said late this year but his location may or may not be right. Muppetquilter is right in that there are many factors, not least of which any decisions by the new owner which could put it off again - but it isn't a concept that needs to be 'picked up' - it's very much been alive and kicking recently as far as i know. It also doesn't really depend on the new Fox show (if it actually makes it to air, even after the green light) having happened, which in all probability wouldn't be till next year but i'm sure any Muppetfest could be used to promote the upcoming show and also any other projects Henson may have confirmed once the new management settles in and works out a strategy/direction for the company which could be completely the opposite of the current one. We'll likely know a lot more by the New York Licensing Show in July ...... things will become a lot clearer then about what else is in store this year and next, as well as maybe something on the Muppetfest.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
:smile:

Thanks for the nominations and all that for committee and stuff but, uh...

NO THANKS!!

I'm as stupid as I look, but not THAT stupid. HA!

F:embarrassed:Z

Status
Not open for further replies.