MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Yeah, besides for a NYC con, I dont think they can fit that many people in an employee breakroom or broom closet(if ya saw Quinn or Travis' trip to JHC pix) :wink:
LOL - i could just imagine you on the door, making fest goers file in an orderly line - two by two. That'd crack me up ! :big_grin:

Rivkin can have a merchandise stand in reception - Nsync, Weezer, Arron Carter, Kelly Osbourne .......... all bootlegged CD's only five dollars !

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Um J, hate to say this...but that doesnt sound to epic. (More remenescent of a dorm room sleepover) No, the rarity Muppet cons happen, it has to be epic...unlike a Trek or Star Wars con, it has to have virtually all the principal players...and ESPECIALLY has to have the Muppets themselves.
Mmmmmm, C, hate to say this, but that was kind of a joke, of all things. I mean, as in we threw it together on such short notice.

I mean, we'd have really big plans, but that seemed like it was the stark reality of the moment. Sorry If it didn't sound too... jokey!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Well, having attended a few cons, we could ask permission of the JHC to show the programs, unless someone has copies of the original film they can run thru a projector!!

Fan conventions can get away with lots by asking permission first.

The only money necessary would be to charge for space for merchandise tables to pay for the space rented to house the fan con and whatever guests appear.

There could be puppetry exhibitions, shows, and workshops by those attending the con.

I actually wanted once to put together a puppetry convention here in town with shows et al by different groups and performers, the host would be Muley and other puppets.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
LOL - i could just imagine you on the door, making fest goers file in an orderly line - two by two. That'd crack me up ! :big_grin:

Rivkin can have a merchandise stand in reception - Nsync, Weezer, Arron Carter, Kelly Osbourne .......... all bootlegged CD's only five dollars !
Heh, yeah there oculd be Platinum packages($1000), and then the lesser gold($500) and then entrance fee($200) to dissuade the casual Muppet fan...errr, that and because space is *very* limited. In fact they may have to move some water coolers and
boxes just to make accomidations. But I think it could work out.
Maybe if those so called Farscape fans had the cajones to stand up for the real cool stuff(not Farscape, but the fate of JHC and the Muppets) we could have some sort of con...I mean do they really need three freaking cons a year? Sheesh. Mupopets before Farscape I say.

Originally posted by Drtooth
Mmmmmm, C, hate to say this, but that was kind of a joke, of all things. I mean, as in we threw it together on such short notice.

I mean, we'd have really big plans, but that seemed like it was the stark reality of the moment. Sorry If it didn't sound too... jokey!
Youre a good kid Agent J...if I was having a birthday party tommorrow I'd invite ya. Just watch the new TMNT tommorrow morning(on Fox!) and I'll be happy:wink:

But yeah, in 1998/99...even 2000 I was up for a fan meeting of some sorts...but after something like the first Mfest unfolds, I just cant get excited about a rag tag clandestine meetup:wink: But have faith...ya just never know what may be annoucned this year!

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Maybe if we all combine our will power into wishing and hoping for another Muppet Fest....it will happen...*begins concentrating very hard*

daniel0son

Reaction score
Muppet Central Fest?

Alright, so this is somewhat related to a prvious thread I started asking about another Muppet Fest.

However, since it may be a while before the deal with Valentine is completed, why don't we just start our own annual Muppet Central Fest. We wouldn't have to make it something big to start out with. Just maybe anyone from the board that wanted to get together and talk about Muppet Stuff.

We could possibly hold the convention in city where there would be Muppetish things to go see. Maybe New YorK? LA? Then, if it got big enough, who knows, we may even get some Henson Folks to come on over and be "guest" stars.

This would also be a great oppurtunity for many of us as collectors to share ideas and even swap some stuff.

What do you guys think?

Manda:-D

Reaction score
If they DO have another Muppet Fest, and I DO get to go, do you think I'd get in trouble for hugging Bill Barretta? :big_grin:
Sorry, just felt like being random!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Manda, it depends if you get in the way of Emmy or Jackie. :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Oh Bill never turns up for a personal appearance without his bodyguard Sal Manilla ........ trouble is i heard that Emmy and Jackie are perfecting a new 'Banana Muffin' recipe so methinks he should bring Bouncer Beaker along too as backup.

I guess that judging from his popularity with all the girls on the forum they should scrap Muppetfest and go with Billfest. I just hate to think what the 'Gold Package' would inlcude !

Status
Not open for further replies.