MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
I think what Phil and Luke have said is pretty well accurate, though I feel compelled to note that a friend of mine visited the Henson Studios in December and saw a calendar of events that listed MuppetFest 2 for Spring 2003. Of course, there were no other details, and at this rate it'd have to be late June, just before the beginning of summer, to qualify as spring at all. We'll just have to wait to see who ends up owning them and whether or not the new owners are interested in holding conventions at all.
Yeah, around lastlast Summer/Fall a Muppetfest 2 was tentatively discussed for March or April...but it became aparent around December this was not to be. If there is a Muppetfest(heck or even that Fox show) within 2003 it would be a miracle at this point. We can all hope though!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down
I feel compelled to note that a friend of mine visited the Henson Studios in December and saw a calendar of events that listed MuppetFest 2 for Spring 2003.
That must have been the March date that was pencilled in. The Henson promotional people still had March down and were still hoping for it as recently as a few months ago.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Yeah, around lastlast Summer/Fall a Muppetfest 2 was tentatively discussed for March or April
Remember that one email they sent me about my question regarding MFestII?

Paraphrasing: 'We thinkin' bout it, "G" Dawg!'

Of course, nothing going on yet. I think, too, that we won't see anything until AFTER the Valentine deal, and (as has been said) likely not even this year.

MFestII on TV? Nah. I think it would be wise of JHC and Creation to sell Video or DVD copies of MFestI at the second one, including TMS Live!

Really, regarding TMS Live, all they have to do is (if worried about heads showing up on screen) maintain the same soundtrack from the night we were all there, and go back and have re-shot the whole thing, then put the soundtrack back in place (ie, when Scott yelled out at Bunsen, Kermit, and the others at mention of 'knows what a DVD is,' and they looked up; Kermit: "Well, he certainly does!" :smile: )

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear
MFestII on TV? Nah. I think it would be wise of JHC and Creation to sell Video or DVD copies of MFestI at the second one, including TMS Live!

Really, regarding TMS Live, all they have to do is (if worried about heads showing up on screen) maintain the same soundtrack from the night we were all there, and go back and have re-shot the whole thing, then put the soundtrack back in place (ie, when Scott yelled out at Bunsen, Kermit, and the others at mention of 'knows what a DVD is,' and they looked up; Kermit: "Well, he certainly does!" :smile: )
Yeah I'd love to get ahold of the live show. I think accidentally showing the puppeteers or slipups or audience reaction shows charm. Well, they could always censor the puppeteers, LOL
(or at least crop it wisescreen) Maybe digitally erase the puppeteers?

Yeah I had heard JHC had March penciled in til recently. Hope noone bought plane tickets thinking it was still a go. >_<

Well, there *might* be one by xmas...then again there might be a lot of things, so who knows. Valentine deal, fox show...thats what everythign hinges on.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
EM.TV, Valentine, Fox...soooo many things are depending.

You'd think we were trying to get a loan to buy a house--or at least a puppet show company. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
But I agree. Whgy can we NOT have a Muppet Convention? I mean, there could be a Muppet show/movie Marathon, a Fraggle marathon or something. There can be vendors selling Muppet Memorabilia at inflated prices, and people in cheap Muppet costumes... Just like a comic convention. Maybe if we ask nicely, we can get ONE of the Muppeteers to pop in for a while.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
We couldn't show any of the movies or tv shows-- that little screen at the beginning of a movie that says 'licensed for private home viewing only' is there for a reason. Royalties must be paid for public showings, permission must be gained. Puppeteers have to be paid for appearances, and there travel expenses picked up. Kermit (and the rest of the gang) are all licensed-- we can't use any images of them. If some people want to get together at someone's house and watch Muppet movies, that's okay. But as soon as it is an open event.... Disney has sued preschools for less.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
But I agree. Whgy can we NOT have a Muppet Convention? I mean, there could be a Muppet show/movie Marathon, a Fraggle marathon or something. There can be vendors selling Muppet Memorabilia at inflated prices, and people in cheap Muppet costumes... Just like a comic convention. Maybe if we ask nicely, we can get ONE of the Muppeteers to pop in for a while.
Um J, hate to say this...but that doesnt sound to epic. (More remenescent of a dorm room sleepover) No, the rarity Muppet cons happen, it has to be epic...unlike a Trek or Star Wars con, it has to have virtually all the principal players...and ESPECIALLY has to have the Muppets themselves.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Um J, hate to say this...but that doesnt sound to epic. (More remenescent of a dorm room sleepover)
**** - actually a UK fan convention WITH HENSON ACCESS could be a winner. You got the Creature Shop, and also you got their sound stage at Elstree with whatever they're filming at the time. Time it right with a couple of the top Muppeteers (Say Bill/Steve) being over to do a TV appearance or something and going to see that being filmed. I think that'd be quite something special.

A stateside unofficial fan convention with access you aint got much - the workshops smaller now and they're too busy renting out Chaplin to Nsync ! :rolleyes:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke

A stateside unofficial fan convention with access you aint got much - the workshops smaller now and they're too busy renting out Chaplin to Nsync ! :rolleyes:
Yeah, besides for a NYC con, I dont think they can fit that many people in an employee breakroom or broom closet(if ya saw Quinn or Travis' trip to JHC pix) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.