MuppetFest 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Hey Kevin/Foz...

Is there any way we could get Muppet fans around the world to agree to a summer-long fan convention AND an ongoing LARP of Muppet College Dorms?

For those that are totally outta the loop, LARP stands for Live Action Role Play. I am a newbie to LARP and I don't wish to do any LARP inside a fantastic setting such as the D&D universe, but rather in a "fantasy-meets-reality" setting where we could have our favorite Muppets be our college roommates. My thought is to find some way to bring the Muppets into our world and actually have conversations with them--much like the Muppet College Dorms game in the Games section that we have going on right now.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

BJ

BEAR

Reaction score
erniebert1234ss said:
Is there any way we could get Muppet fans around the world to agree to a summer-long fan convention AND an ongoing LARP of Muppet College Dorms?

For those that are totally outta the loop, LARP stands for Live Action Role Play. I am a newbie to LARP and I don't wish to do any LARP inside a fantastic setting such as the D&D universe, but rather in a "fantasy-meets-reality" setting where we could have our favorite Muppets be our college roommates. My thought is to find some way to bring the Muppets into our world and actually have conversations with them--much like the Muppet College Dorms game in the Games section that we have going on right now.

Any ideas/thoughts/suggestions?

BJ
WOuld you be able to explain the LARP Muppet Dorms thing a little more? Thanks.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'd say I'm completely lost, but I just know someone would use the running gaga, "Have you tried Hare Krishna?"

A summer-long convention would be expensive. Everyone would have to go to one single location and then everyone would have to find room and food the whole summer; and I don't understand the LARP thing. You mean the REAL Muppets? Not likely. Disney wouldn't dare.

unclematt

Reaction score
I dont want to get into it again, Okay yes I do, Muppetfest II !!!

Erine81981

Reaction score
I would be willing to go if I could get the money and a way up to where ever that place would be. (Likey dought that)

unclematt

Reaction score
I think it should be done in the mis west. Now I know I hapeen to be from the mid west but it is truly shorter than having to fly cross country for people from NY or Cal

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm not against a weekend (or week-long) fan celebration somewhere. It's expensive and time-consuming. You have to contact the stars, you have to hire rights, pay for special guest hotel, food, travel...coordinate events and screening rights...so much trouble and effort goes into making a convention.

Yes, hopefully an official MuppetFest II will take place at some point.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
How far (within the proper wings of the establishment) has discussion on a second Muppet Fest gone? I wasn't aware of the first one until long after, and I can assure you that if it was to be held on the West Coast again; I would make it there regardless of price!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.