Muppet Show Disney+ disclaimers under criticism while fans thankful for series

datman24

Reaction score
What annoys me the most is seeing people say something like "The muppets have a content advisory?! What's next? Barney or Caillou?". They clearly aren't aware of the type of content featured on The Muppet Show and liken it to some series targeted towards preschoolers.
Oh, this notion of categorizing The Muppet Show with preschool programming isn't anything new. I should remind you that at one time, The Muppet Show used to air during the Nick Jr. block back in the mid-90s.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
On the bright side, the release of The Muppet Show on Disney Plus felt relatively buzz-less for the past few days. So to have big names like Don Jr and Sean Hannity (whether you like them or not) mention the release in some form should inform a larger audience that the series is available for viewing. This fake outrage is essentially free publicity for the Muppets.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, this notion of categorizing The Muppet Show with preschool programming isn't anything new. I should remind you that at one time, The Muppet Show used to air during the Nick Jr. block back in the mid-90s.
But it also aired on Nick@Nite, along with other rare Muppet/Henson specials, and that was specifically to introduce younger generations to older shows and titles.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Right. Dumping it on an exclusive service is reaching a wider audience.

wiley207

Reaction score
I can understand this, but what's really silly is how "The Simpsons" has far worse stereotypes and such than "The Muppet Show," and that show does not contain any sort of disclaimer at the start of any episodes on Disney+ containing such potentially offensive content! I may need to do a Big Bad Wolf vlog about this...

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I can understand this, but what's really silly is how "The Simpsons" has far worse stereotypes and such than "The Muppet Show," and that show does not contain any sort of disclaimer at the start of any episodes on Disney+ containing such potentially offensive content! I may need to do a Big Bad Wolf vlog about this...
I heard that they are going to be putting on Family Guy on Disney+. Is that true? Considering it's one of the most infamously offensive cartoons of all time, I'd be shocked if they put it on a Disney owned streaming service. Herbert alone should be enough for Disney to not want that association with the show lol.