Muppet Show Disney+ disclaimers under criticism while fans thankful for series

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I believe it's going on their new section called "Star," which is for much more mature content.

David French

Reaction score
I do wonder why the Crystal Gayle episode has a disclaimer though. That has always been one of my favorite episodes (because of those hilarious little prairie dogs) and can't remember anything potentially problematic in it. All the other episodes they add the warning to, I can come up with some sort of explanation but in this particular instance, I'm just not sure.
Apart from the fact she loses her clothes at the end?

MWoO

Reaction score
What annoys me the most is seeing people say something like "The muppets have a content advisory?! What's next? Barney or Caillou?". They clearly aren't aware of the type of content featured on The Muppet Show and liken it to some series targeted towards preschoolers.

At the same time though, I'll agree that it's irritating to see a company like Disney pretend to have some sort of moral high-ground over Jim Henson and company. I get that some of their content hasn't aged well but none of it came with malicious intent.
There seems to be a recent trend of people "discovering" the old Muppet commercials for Wilkins coffee and such. People are shocked at the violence in them. Though of the videos I have seen of people watching them, they seem to also find them hilarious. This is why it is hard to be an adult Muppet fan. People who think they are fans only know the Muppets as "for kids" as opposed to family friendly, yet still pretty edgy, material. It is a big part of why The Muppets 2015 was poorly received at first.

Oddly enough, the 2015 series does not have a disclaimer. I wonder if it can be viewed on a kids account though.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
There seems to be a recent trend of people "discovering" the old Muppet commercials for Wilkins coffee and such. People are shocked at the violence in them. Though of the videos I have seen of people watching them, they seem to also find them hilarious. This is why it is hard to be an adult Muppet fan. People who think they are fans only know the Muppets as "for kids" as opposed to family friendly, yet still pretty edgy, material. It is a big part of why The Muppets 2015 was poorly received at first.

Oddly enough, the 2015 series does not have a disclaimer. I wonder if it can be viewed on a kids account though.
The 2015 series actually can't be viewed unless you are on an adult account. Not sure about The Muppet Show though.

MWoO

Reaction score
It is amazing how many people are getting angry over this, thinking it is something it isn't. Now it has morphed into "they've banned The Muppets"?