Muppet Pundit: The Steve Whitmire Blog

Greenhoodie

Reaction score
I'm assuming that he won't be returning for a long time.
I get that too. He also closed the comments...which is probably good. I think that, for better or worse, fans had kind of taken the thing over. It's one thing to comment on Steve's posts, but people started using it as a place to hang out. With Steve being more private and new to blogging and social media, I could see that getting overwhelming. All good kids, but there are some real nutters hanging out there.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I get that too. He also closed the comments...which is probably good. I think that, for better or worse, fans had kind of taken the thing over. It's one thing to comment on Steve's posts, but people started using it as a place to hang out. With Steve being more private and new to blogging and social media, I could see that getting overwhelming. All good kids, but there are some real nutters hanging out there.
Wonder why he closed them.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Wonder why he closed them.
It's a feature you can set on that particular website that comments are disabled after a month or so. Steve may not have realised that would happen. As for the 'hanging out' thing, I created a Discord server so everyone would stop clogging the comment sections up.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
So apparently the blog is currently in Maintenance Mode....whatever that's supposed to mean.

Maybe we'll see some more of him soon.

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I just got an email notification from Muppet Pundit and it looks like someone has hacked the site with a "new post" advertising jerseys or some crap like that and I'm finding it hilarious.

That blog has been dead for nearly two years now so someone might as well use the space....

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
I got the email too haha.

I'm guessing Steve's never bringing the blog back. Which to me is a shame since he's such an eloquent and articulate writer and I could happily read any story he writes. But I guess maybe it's sort of associated with a toxic time he wants to put behind him. And I hope he has now. I dread to think of the toll it could have had on his mental health. I'm glad to see the presence he's building online too. One of my favourite and most surreal things to see is him becoming friends with some legendary voice actors in the convention circuit. As well as Brian O'Halloran from Clerks - worlds I never thought I'd see colliding!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Given that Steve is now spending much of his time divided between hitting the con circuit, and supposedly working on his own new projects down in Atlanta, I'm guessing he hasn't really had much time to devote to updating the Muppet Pundit these days.