Muppet Pundit: The Steve Whitmire Blog

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I still haven't yet had a chance to comment on 'Pundit', but I check regularly to see what others are saying. Most people are decent and well-behaved. The trolls...not so much. Why don't any of them realize that there's no place for their hatred on the blog, especially by now? It's been carrying on for too long. First off, HOW DARE they speak so vilely of a class act puppeteer - on his OWN blog? On top of that, they've been harassing and unnecessarily arguing with some of the other visitors. Just minutes after one person leaves a positive comment, or there is a chain of several kind replies underneath it, someone else from among the lousy, no-good lowlifes will come in and either misinterpret it and/or attack whoever originally wrote it. And it doesn’t mean that they’re just being sensitive. I don't know what they're so irate about. Have they forgotten that they're NOT obligated by anyone or anything to come to 'Pundit'? Do they enjoy and find tormenting someone worth the time, not knowing that they themselves are the ones plainly being humiliated?

While I agree that people have a right to free speech (and can easily/openly visit the blog), it's speech that attempts to shut down the thoughts/ideas/words of another that crosses the line. Of course, there are some brave souls who tell-off the haters in about every post, including those who’ve been targeted themselves. Unfortunately, it hasn’t stopped them from repeat-offending. I wish someone really had the nerve to make those closed-minded troublemakers go away for good. Their revolting freedoms of expression, intolerance, and overall virtual presence on the blog are unwanted. I would stand up to them if I could, but I doubt I have that power in me – I’d risk getting in a fight. As much as I want to come to Steve’s and the other visitors’ defense, I fear I’d be treading into dangerous waters. Maybe someday though, we’ll have to see. In the mean time, I’ll just be a silent spectator (with the exception of simply making a comment).

As for the trolls, they need to learn a valuable lesson: THINK before you SPEAK! It will save you from making yourself look bad (and in one persons’ case, sounding unintelligent). At least some of us know better! Steve’s site is NOT the place for you to release your frustrations, regardless of whatever personal problems you may be having. If you don’t like or disagree with anything he says, kindly do everyone on ‘Pundit’ a favor and don’t bother showing up again at all. Either that or be quiet – as the saying goes, silence is golden. It’s unbelievable what some of the killjoys have on their minds when they comment. I’m appalled at the undeserved disrespect Steve and his supporters often face. IT’S DISGUSTING! If you can handle yourself in a responsible manner and can refrain from spitting venom, then most welcome, otherwise please, please just put a sock in it! I’M ABOUT DONE!!!!!!

Alright, so it looks like I sort of contradicted myself here in terms of dealing with the trolls. I said I couldn’t fight them, correct? And I’m not doing so here, either. My “rant” is within the safe spaces of Muppet Central, so hopefully no unwelcome attention will be around to call me out on anything I've said (I’d hate to jinx it). Once again, sorry for an ‘essay-long’ post – I really am finished this time.

Peace and Happiness,

- AAAZ
Guilty as charged in terms of arguing with trolls.....especially today....

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I personally could not be happier that Steve gave me a shout out in his post about Rocky Horror recently with this quote: Love the whole thing. Why do you think I called one of my characters “Lips”? Let’s talk Rocky Horror for a minute…this oughta’ bring Melissa Yowhan running! lol

I've been a Rocky Horror fan since I was 13 years old, and Steve was amazing enough to invite me to the set of Muppet Treasure Island to watch Tim Curry at work when they were filming in the UK. It was an amazing time!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I personally could not be happier that Steve gave me a shout out in his post about Rocky Horror recently with this quote: Love the whole thing. Why do you think I called one of my characters “Lips”? Let’s talk Rocky Horror for a minute…this oughta’ bring Melissa Yowhan running! lol

I've been a Rocky Horror fan since I was 13 years old, and Steve was amazing enough to invite me to the set of Muppet Treasure Island to watch Tim Curry at work when they were filming in the UK. It was an amazing time!
Yeah, that was pretty cool of him! :smile:

I'm still astounded that Steve dedicated an entire post to my enquiry. All I asked was if there was a particular song he liked or if he loved the entire soundtrack just like I do. He answered it...but then followed up with all these awesome memories of his high school years, Jim, Frank, meeting Richard O'Brien and continuing that friendship throughout the years.

You really can't ask for more than that as a fan. :smile::shifty::coy::boo::news::drool::eek:

AfricAnimalAZ

Reaction score
Interesting how in the Dark Crystal post, he described the Scientist Skeksis' voice as "breathy" and "lizard-like". I always thought he sounded like a raspy, unforgiving demonic alien, but who better to give his take on the creature's growl than the performer himself. :scary: