Muppet Pundit: The Steve Whitmire Blog

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I have to say, throughout all this, I'm glad that Steve chose not to be angry or spiteful to anybody. I'm still siding with him with everything he's saying. As for Disney and the Henson kids, we need more proof that he was "difficult to work with". I know at least two performers side with them(Rick Lyon and Tyler Bunch), but we hope we'll hear from Dave, Frank and others who worked with him in the time before and after Jim's death.

ErinAardvark

Reaction score
I have to say, throughout all this, I'm glad that Steve chose not to be angry or spiteful to anybody. I'm still siding with him with everything he's saying. As for Disney and the Henson kids, we need more proof that he was "difficult to work with". I know at least two performers side with them(Rick Lyon and Tyler Bunch), but we hope we'll hear from Dave, Frank and others who worked with him in the time before and after Jim's death.
I'm with you, even though I'm still not sure who I believe in this mess. I'm trying to see it from every possible angle.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Looks like it. Not sure why. I'm glad I managed to grab the PDF before he took it down.
Any chance of getting a link for the PDF? Iff not, no worries.

I'm glad Steve is speaking out about this; I feel that he really does know what's right for the characters, as do many of the performers; seems as though Disney fired him for whatever reasons they wanted, and they used "uncooperative" as some sort of excuse to the public.

Censored

Reaction score
I was beginning to think there was a chance of Steve getting re-hired. Now, I'm not so sure.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Interesting comment by Mike Quinn on Steve's latest post (in response to a fan's comment). Thought it was also nice to see one of Steve's co-workers post a positive quote about him for a change:

Well let’s be clear here. Disney didn’t let Steve go from just Kermit. They let him go from every character. Steve did every single thing within his power to give them an opportunity to rethink and find a way to bring him back. He tried to negotiate a way back but it wasn’t to be. There is no “coming to terms with Disney” as you say, if they won’t negotiate. It’s not up to Steve.

I saw no evidence of Steve being hard to work with, unintentionally or otherwise from many other people, as you put it. Only one spokesperson at Disney and some Henson siblings have said that. That’s four people in total with the same interests. There have been literally dozens whom have stated to the contrary. I worked along side him for very many years from the Jim era in 1980 through until 2016. During all the assorted films, TV shows, commercials and guest spots, he was nothing but accommodating, hard working and cheerful. He would make suggestions to help dialogue work better or a comedy spot play better verbally and/or visually. But everything was a collaboration with the Directors and everyone involved. He was never a prima donna. Only ever standing up for the characters and defending what is true, well if that is a crime, then many of us guilty of committing truth and integrity.
More & more I'm starting to think that Disney and the henson sellouts are just trying to smear steve's name.