Muppet Pundit: The Steve Whitmire Blog

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
I thought I might start this thread seeing as Steve seems to have plans for Muppet Pundit. Brushing aside everything that has happened this past week, the thought of Steve sharing his insights into our favourite characters on a semi-regular basis is quite exciting.

I was especially intrigued when I read the final paragraph from the 'About Me' section.

'My immediate goal for this blog is to leave anyone interested in the Muppets at any level, past, present, or future, with the deepest possible understanding of my discoveries in taking the intangibles of Jim’s unique methodologies and giving them a basis in fact.'

As someone who has an obsession with taking things like The Muppets way too seriously, each post will probably be a new goldmine to me. It doesn't hurt that Steve is a really articulate writer too. The man really needs to write a book.

https://stevewhitmire-muppetpundit.com/

Let's hope this thread gets updated soon!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I honestly couldn't get through the article. After reading just the first paragraph I got too emotional to keep going. All of this is just so overwhelming. It's like, every time I see something about Steve I get emotional. And ever since the news became more mainstream, it all feels so much more real. I really hope I don't feel like this for a long time, as I want to go back to enjoying his amazing past work, but i'm having such a hard time moving on.

FletchySRF3088

Reaction score
Interesting comment by Mike Quinn on Steve's latest post (in response to a fan's comment). Thought it was also nice to see one of Steve's co-workers post a positive quote about him for a change:

Well let’s be clear here. Disney didn’t let Steve go from just Kermit. They let him go from every character. Steve did every single thing within his power to give them an opportunity to rethink and find a way to bring him back. He tried to negotiate a way back but it wasn’t to be. There is no “coming to terms with Disney” as you say, if they won’t negotiate. It’s not up to Steve.

I saw no evidence of Steve being hard to work with, unintentionally or otherwise from many other people, as you put it. Only one spokesperson at Disney and some Henson siblings have said that. That’s four people in total with the same interests. There have been literally dozens whom have stated to the contrary. I worked along side him for very many years from the Jim era in 1980 through until 2016. During all the assorted films, TV shows, commercials and guest spots, he was nothing but accommodating, hard working and cheerful. He would make suggestions to help dialogue work better or a comedy spot play better verbally and/or visually. But everything was a collaboration with the Directors and everyone involved. He was never a prima donna. Only ever standing up for the characters and defending what is true, well if that is a crime, then many of us guilty of committing truth and integrity.

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Got two new posts today!

The first is coming to the defence of Debbie McClellan and reiterating that it's the side of The Muppets we should all be taking, no matter which party we agree with.
https://stevewhitmire-muppetpundit.com/2017/07/26/choosing-sides/

The second is a new section called Components of The Muppets which so far only has a downloadable PDF of a dissertation of sorts that was apparently passed around by the executives.
https://stevewhitmire-muppetpundit.com/components-of-the-muppets/

Basically, the dissertation should be used as a reference guide to whatever Steve discusses in the future. Whether you like what Steve has to say or not, you have to admit this has been very well thought-out after a great number of years.

I don't blame him for not dropping the subject.