Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

beaker

Reaction score
There's no rumor here. A 15-20 minute "presentation" pilot recently wrapped a little over a week/week and a half ago. I was told not to spill the beans early, but I guess people found out. Hey, which is good, we all need hope eh?

From what I hear, this may not be an actual series, but a mini series that
leads into a Fall or march(replacement season) 2008 new Muppet show.
The whole point of the mockumentary is a buildup to a new Muppet show which is very exciting, and we havent come this close since the 2002 Team Todd deal.

Some have said America's Next Muppet would have reintroduced the Muppets to a bigger audience, but if this pilot gets greenlit, its *exactly* where I feel the Muppets should be headed.

So yeah, this is one of many big news bombshells to come:smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
One think that I've been wondering since I first set my eyes on the information here...will Ian the English film-maker, be a human actor? Or a new Muppet?

If it's a new Muppet, will it be a humanoid Muppet? Animal? Monster? And will it be created with the style of the old Muppets, or the new MT humanoid style, slightly weirder with triangle noses?

Beauregard

Reaction score
beaker said:
From what I hear, this may not be an actual series, but a mini series that
leads into a Fall or march(replacement season) 2008 new Muppet show. The whole point of the mockumentary is a buildup to a new Muppet show which is very exciting, and we havent come this close since the 2002 Team Todd deal.
New Muppet Show...new...Do you think we'll ever see Kermit step out from that curtain and say, "It's the Muppet Show!" Do you think we'll ever see that again?

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
New Muppet Show...new...Do you think we'll ever see Kermit step out from that curtain and say, "It's the Muppet Show!" Do you think we'll ever see that again?
*collapses* That would be AMAZING!!

I for one am THRILLED that this pilot happened/is happening. There's nothing more I want from the Muppets now than a new show, and I think this pilot could get them there, and I really, really hope it does. I can see them really going somewhere with a new show, and apparently Disney can too.

It's obvious that Disney HASN'T given up on the Muppets, and finally we have rock hard evidence of that. A pilot, an actual pilot that was filmed, with guest stars, something that may FINALLY come to fruition, something good, something big, something awesome.

Go Muppets! :smile: :big_grin: :sing:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
So, thinking on this somemore... We already know that Sam is a security guard, and Fozzie wrote for Moesha, but what do you think the other Muppets have been doing with their lives? I'm thinking the Chef got a job at some sushi joint or something, maybe we'll see Bunsen and Beaker working for Microsoft, and maybe Gozno's working as a tight rope artist for Cirque du Sole.

Again, just speculation, but anyone else have any ideas/hopes?

EDIT: Go Muppets! :concern: :sympathy: :attitude:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Obviously, Crazy Harry would take a job in demolition. I'm wondering about the Electric Mayhem, though, have they been doing random gigs? Have they released a single? Are they even still together?

Go Muppets! :big_grin: :halo: :flirt:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
HA! The Mayhem brings up a GREAT question! I could totally see them trying to get gigs everywhere but being overshadowed by rappers or something. "Man, we've been tryin' to get a steady gig for thirty years!" "Like, fer sure ya know, our agent like, never came through fer us, okey?"

Go Muppets! :cool: :confused::eek: