Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

unclematt

Reaction score
All I am going to say is that I have been let down so many times that I refuse to get excited

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
All I can do is be hopeful, if this is true, it's awesome, if not....well...yeah....

MWoO

Reaction score
unclematt said:
All I am going to say is that I have been let down so many times that I refuse to get excited
I'm with you. There have been other rumours like the America's Next Muppet thing and a new show. Of course this is a little different in that the rumour is the pilot is finished instead of being planned.

So....if there is a finished pilot, how long would it take to get to air?

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
This is pilot season, usually when pilots are being cast. They're cast in Jan/Feb, shot in March/April and shown in May, I believe. IDK, I'm in New York. LA and me don't mix.

But yeah, this is a pilot presentation, meaning it's a smaller-pilot...it's not a full-length show. You could call it a test-pilot. If they're done filming, they're probably editing and once that's done (since I take it it was ordered by Disney), they'll show it to the execs and if it's green-lighted they'll either produce a full-length pilot and test that, or they'll skip the second testing, produce a full-length show and air it next season in Sept. Let's hope!!!

(I'm pretty confident this is what happens, but then again, I'm a theater gal who has a lot of film industry friends. If anyone in that area wants to add or correct something I've said, please do!)

Oh yeah, not to darken your hopes, but if it doesn't get greenlighted, we might never see it. Unless it appears on youtube, like that Nobody's Watching pilot that, well, everybody watched.

MWoO

Reaction score
So chances are good this isn't even a full pilot? That's sad. And if this didn't get past the execs yet I doubt it will. Seems to be the way it goes.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
No, it's not a full pilot, it's a presentation pilot. Because the Muppets are owned by Disney, it's a little different than the regular experience. Producers aren't going to have to run around to different networks with pitches and pilots hoping someone will take it.

This is how it probably went. Someone pitched the idea to Disney who said, okay, we want a presentation pilot. So they made this, and I bet if it gets greenlighted to be made into a full pilot, it's a full go. Disney owns ABC so they can easily say what the programming is.

The thing that's good about this presentation pilot is the time it's happening at. Like I said, pilots are being pitched and cast right now--the Muppets are already three steps ahead of the game.

Have faith. There isn't any bad news yet!

MWoO

Reaction score
Oh so unlike other projects this is like pre-approved?

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Ummm no. At least I don't think so. But it got the go ahead before anything else got the go ahead. I think. If this pilot was made this month, it had to have been pitched a couple of months ago.

But Disney obviously hasn't given up on The Muppets.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, that's the main thing we are seeing here. Disney hasn't given up on the Muppets. They are moving ahead with projects, even if they are just filmed then canned. But, it's not like the original Muppet Show pilots, where pilots were made and THEN had to be shipped around. In this case, someone came up with the idea, it was approved, they were obviosuly given a budget to create it on by Disney (Hence, not given up.)

Something that is interesting though, is that this pilot has guest stars in it, which suggests that it WILL be seen and is more than just a pitch reel.