Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I don't think there could be a better time to get the Muppets back out there. The world needs a new Muppet show right now, television needs REAL comedy, puns, sight gags, not dirty and mean jokes but MUPPET comedy. We need that now more than ever.

Go Muppets! :crazy: :big_grin: :flirt:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Call me optimistic and paint me green, but I agree with the Prawn. An influx of Muppet humour is vital in today's society. And also, I think the Mockumentary introduction leading up to a series could help with eliminating the "Muppet's = Muppet Babies" syndrome.

Go Muppet Penguins! :zany::zany::zany:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
:excited: A. NEW. MUPPET. SHOW!!!! or mini-series??!!! :excited: AHHHH and YOOOOOOoooooooooooooo HOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!! :crazy:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
SarahOnBway said:
I really really wanna know--how did everyone else hear about this?!
I'm a Muppet Wiki member, and I found it on there while looking through the recently changed pages. From there, I told Cory... and Beau, but he's been doing a wonderful job hiding the fact he already knew about it. :wink: Sarah, too.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
SarahOnBway said:
I really really wanna know--how did everyone else hear about this?! I found it randomly during a bout of procrastination, but people are saying they knew before--Mrs. Pepper, how did you hear?
I got an email from a mysterious 'good-looker' on the forum. ^^ See if that's a big enough hint to figure out who told me. :wink: By the way, which Sarah are you? Beau said you were an old member, but your account was just created last week? What was your old sn?

Barry Lee said:
How many people can say they have Wayne & Wanda on there iPod?
**cough** Um, not me... **hides her iPod**

Honestly though, I think the timing is really really good for this project. I don't know who else has noticed, but the muppets are slowly infiltrating their way back into tv and stuff, as if they're never been gone. Which, I guess, they haven't. How many times recently have we heard references to them on TV shows? (Family Guy and My Name is Earl come to mind first, but there have been others) Obviously they are important and nostalgic to alot of people.

The show first has to win over old fans. By that I mean the built-in fan base of pretty much anyone aged approx 15 and over who watched them in the past. I think that the idea sounds great, and that it will appeal to people who have watched them before. Next it has to appeal to new fans. And I think that by getting the right muppet chemistry, which old fans will love, it will reach to alot of new people too. So basically if this gets off the ground EVERYTHING WILL BE GREAT!!

SO much muppet loooove. :big_grin:

So now what I want to know, is WHO put this info on the muppet wiki in the first place?? Was it Danny or one of the TP/Wiki crew? Or was it someone who actually worked on the show and therefore knew all the info about it, like who had worked on it? Whoever it was, thank you!!
Edit: confirmation! http://muppetnewsflash.blogspot.com/2007/01/new-muppet-series-in-development.html

BEAR

Reaction score
This sounds amazing so far. I can't wait to watch this thing grow.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
By the way, which Sarah are you? Beau said you were an old member, but your account was just created last week? What was your old sn?
My old SN was SarahHIYE. I was active from hmm IDK, 2001 - 2004? Then I deleted the email that went with the SN and poof! No more SN. Oops. I lurked for awhile but created the SN when I got really angry at all the Steve-bashing that was going on in a thread--and even some Dave-bashing--and meant to retaliate but then I chickened out haha. So instead I posted when I found this!

And I agree, the world definitely needs Muppet humor. A nice half-hour to just feel happy.

I'm at work and probably shouldn't be typing this... haha oh well!!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
I got an email from a mysterious 'good-looker' on the forum. ^^ See if that's a big enough hint to figure out who told me. :wink:
... Bill Barretta? :wink: