Muppet College Roommates

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you liked the cookies of 1 to 10 sent to you and your roomies GonzoGirl.
Owl-post? Heh, guess Athena must be collecting funds for Hoots' annual Birdland Renovations drive. The Birdland club's here on campus, but you've got to know how to get there. We might take Dr. Teeth up on his offer to take us there in the EM bus, especially it's a rockus ride there anyway.
Well, have a good night, and hope Diddymus gets here safely.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Well, we've munched 1-5, and shall save 6-10 for Didymus's return...he'll be much obliged to you, I'm sure!

Actually, I think this owl may have come from the Owlery at Hogwarts! What Didymus was doing there, I haven't got the faintest idea, unless he's a squib...

Whatever

Reaction score
I just got back from my Education class, and a group of girls actually did a presentation on Jim Henson. They left a lot of stuff out, like they described his high school career, but didn't mentiom his college career. They described him as the father of educational TV programs, which is silly. He didn't found Sesame Street, Joan Ganz Cooney did. I was kinda disgusted by it, but I guess it was nice that they appreciate his contribution.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Whatever said:
I just got back from my Education class, and a group of girls actually did a presentation on Jim Henson. They left a lot of stuff out, like they described his high school career, but didn't mentiom his college career. They described him as the father of educational TV programs, which is silly. He didn't found Sesame Street, Joan Ganz Cooney did. I was kinda disgusted by it, but I guess it was nice that they appreciate his contribution.
Atleast they gave him some recognition..and chose something interesting for a presentation. One girl I knew (way back in the days of high school) did a presentation on Jim Henson, too, it was a bit bland, but she had some great Muppet pics for her visual.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't you offer to help them out Whatever? When you say "found Sesame Street", what do you mean? If you mean started the show or produced the show, thus bringing it into existance then it was a colaboration between the Muppet creations of Jim Henson and the executive producer Joan Ganz-Cooney.

And I'm glad that Diddymus will be coming back soon, glad to see he wasn't caught by Crookshanks. Mayhaps he's bringing back a bludger for us to loosen upon CrazyHarry? Or the famed Sorceror's Stone? Just so long as he's not being accompanied by Sir Kirduggan.
Have a good night and rest in peace.

Whatever

Reaction score
The Count said:
Didn't you offer to help them out Whatever? When you say "found Sesame Street", what do you mean? If you mean started the show or produced the show, thus bringing it into existance then it was a colaboration between the Muppet creations of Jim Henson and the executive producer Joan Ganz-Cooney.
I didn'y know that they were doing Jim Henson as a topic until the presentation started! So I couldn't jump up and yell "No! That's wrong!" or offer help.
I meant started the show. According to what I've heard, SS was really Cooney's idea and she invited Jim to do the puppetry.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That explains so much. Well, I hope your friends did well on their presentation. Maybe you could offer to do a follow-up piece?
Well, hope you and Robin have a good time in the ol' dorms today, and LMK if he's gotten any more merit badges or if there are any we can help him earn.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
The Count said:
And I'm glad that Diddymus will be coming back soon, glad to see he wasn't caught by Crookshanks. Mayhaps he's bringing back a bludger for us to loosen upon CrazyHarry? Or the famed Sorceror's Stone? Just so long as he's not being accompanied by Sir Kirduggan.
Have a good night and rest in peace.
Methinks he may have stopped by to partake of a Quidditch match-I know he'd always been fascinated with the sport, and I think he might have wanted to sit in on Professor McGonagall's Transmogrification class, as well...I am hoping he'll be bringing back some chocolate frogs with him
:wink:
I just happened to notice-there is a large easter egg blocking Rizzo's custom entrance into our room, and I can't seem to pry it loose...is Rizzo or one of his Rat Pack around to try pushing it out from their end?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm more fond of peppermint quills myself. Anyway, is this Easter basket blocking your room's doorway? Maybe I can get Mokey to help by going through the Fraggle-hole entrance that leads to Hoggle's ublieyet hole exit. Hope this helps and have a good night.

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
No, its not our door thats blocked...when I moved in, I made a rat-sized entrance so Rizzo could come and go as he pleased-now there is a large Easter egg crammed into the entrance, and it won't budge from our end...

Status
Not open for further replies.