Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

FraggleRocks

Reaction score
Room ?

Count, could you give me a rough idea of what the room layout is in relation to numbers and the jacuzzi?

FraggleRocks

Reaction score
Just a Suggestion

Why don't we go watch a movie? Do you know what's playing?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Dormroom Descript.

OK, imagine a four-story white marble building. Actually, only three of its stories are visible, cause the bottom floor is a basement floor sunk into the ground. There's a flight of steps leading to the main doors, two identical green doors similar to those of 1-2-3 Sesame Street. There's a flagpole up on the top of the building with an unfurled flag of Kermit blowing in the wind.

Lobby: As soon as you walk in, you enter the main floor's lobby. There's plush carpeting on the floor, two tables with a compliment of plush chairs, and a wooden desk in front of you. This desk is the sign-in desk where I work as the clerk. There's a shelf with marble room numbers and room keys hanging from their respective pegs. Just ring the bell on the desk and I'll try to come up as soon as possible to take down your room number and hand you your room key. There's a side window that opens up to the adjoining room, #24, where Aaron our resident bellboy resides. He'll promptly help you with your bags, that is if he's still employed. If not, then we'll get some bats to help out. After you've got your room, we pass through the first door on the desk's right. Past this door, there's another one on our right which leads to a multicolored spiral staircase. And in front, there's the door which leads to the roomed hallway.

Room Layout: The floors divide into West Wings and East Wings. Generally, there are eight rooms in each wing, but there are a few exceptions. The layout is the same on each floor.
Common Rooms: This is the room you'll find directly in front of you after passing through the hallway's main doors. The carpeting on each floor's common room differs. The first floor depicts little white chickens, yellow Rubber Duckies are printed on the second floor, black numbers from 1 to 13 litter the third room, and the fourth floor's common room features small red radishes. There's a trashcan in the back lefthand corner of each common room, and you'll find Oscar the Grouch living in the second floor's trashcan. (This character is exempt from roommate status, meaning he can't be picked by anyone.) There's also an Old World furnace in the back righthand corner, hiding a dumbwaiter elevator behind its furnace screen. We use this to get from floor to floor inside the dormhouse and also move luggage or groceries.
The common rooms also have tables with eight wooden chairs each, comfy sofas, big screen TV's and home entertainment centers, refridgerators, cabinets, dishwashers, microwave and/or oven, and a sink to wash your hands.

Hallway Rooms: OK, think of each wing having four rooms on both your left and right. Face the end of the corridors, and it'll make sense to you as we move from floor to floor.
Floor 1: West Wing has Rooms #1, 3, 5, and 7 on your left.
Floor 1: West Wing has Rooms #2, 4, 6, and the dorm's Laundry Room on your right.
Floor 1: East Wing has Rooms #8, 10, 12, and 14 on your right.
Floor 1: East Wing has Rooms #9, 11, 13, and the Floor 1 Bathrooms on your left.
Floor 2: West Wing has Rooms #15, 17, 19, and 21 on your left.
Floor 2: West Wing has Rooms #16, 18, 20, and 22 on your right.
Floor 2: East Wing has Rooms #23, 25, 27, and 29 on your right.
Floor 2: East Wing has Rooms #24, 26, 28, and the Floor 2 Bathrooms on your left.
Floor 3: West Wing has Rooms #30, 32, 34, and 36 on your left.
Floor 3: West Wing has Rooms #31, 33, 35, and 37 on your right.
Floor 3: East Wing has Rooms #38, 40, 42, and 44 on your right.
Floor 3: East Wing has Rooms #39, 41, 43, and the Floor 3 Bathrooms on your left.
Floor 4: West Wing has Rooms #45, 47, 49, and 51 on your left.
Floor 4: West Wing has Rooms #46, 48, 50, and 52 on your right.
Floor 4: East Wing has Rooms #53, 55, 57, and 59 on your right.
Floor 4: East Wing has Rooms #54, 56, 58, and the Floor 4 Bathrooms on your left.
When facing the Common Room, West Wings are to your right, and East wings to your left.
Hope this helps give everybody an overview of the dormhouse, where everything's located, and I sincerely hope to have this place filled up in no time flat!

Remember to ring the bell at the lobby's desk or leave a note with who you want your roommate(s) to be and what number room you want, and I'll accomodate you ASAP.
Have a great time!
Floor

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacuzi? Uh, you must be mistaken. The jacuzis or hottubs are in the Senior Member Complex of Muppet Central. You need to have amassed 1000 posts or more in order to join up. There is, however, a swimming pool outside the dormhouse which is accessible by walking through the garden/patio located next to the dormhouse. The swimming poo's right behind the dormhouse and in clear view of the large bay windows of the common rooms.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

Luke

Reaction score
I'll take Gonzo and Room 59 - Da Penthouse !!! Full room descript to follow!

FraggleRocks

Reaction score
Room #

I'd like for Piggy and I to have Room #55 please. Thanks.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah ha! Hotsy-totsy, I get to have fun with my numbers!

*Runs hand past marble numbers, stopping at 55 and then again at 59.
OK, here are your keys.
*Hands key to Room #59 to Luke and Gonzo, and key to Room #55 to FraggleRocks and Miss Piggy.
Come on, I know the rest of you are out there and just waiting to get into the dorms! Hope to see you soon. Will come back later and check if there are any more messages before posting my room layout.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
My old roomie is taken(Clifford),so I'll room with Floyd Pepper & Dr. Teeth in room #33,please.Muchas gracias Count & thanks Fozzie Bear. My room descript is the same as my old dorm room.I'll repost that later on.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Was wondering when JFS would come back to the promised land. OK, I'll get you your key.
*Hands JFS the key to Room #33. Hmmm, we'll have to soundproof that room so as not to bother the other guests and so that you guys will be able to rock out whenever you want.
OK, Since Dr. Teeth and Floyd Pepper are in Room #33 with JFS, Rooms #31, 35, and 37 will be reserved for the other EM band members as they come in as other people's roommates.
Philo&Gunge, would you be willing to take one of those rooms? If not, then would you be willing to take either Room #30, 32, 34, or 36? LMK what you decide.

Oh, BTW, finally decided on keeping Mokey Fraggle and Lanford as my roomies down in Room #1. We both like to create and love our creations. She likes to paint and write poems, and I like to create my own characters and ideas for possible custom figures.
Will come back with a descript of our room in a little bit. Have a great time.

Status
Not open for further replies.