Muppet College Dorms: The Next Semester

Status
Not open for further replies.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
The Count said:
*Hands key to Room #31 to Homerthegreat. Make sure Animal doesn't eat it. Hopefully, Aaron will be by shortly and take Animal's drums up to your room. That is, if he isn't helping others with their bags and stuff. If he's occupied, LMK and I'll send a couple of bats or a monster to help.
Alright, thanks Count!
*puts key in hole and begins to unlock the door*
Animal: COLL-EGE-DORM!!! COLL-EGE-DORM!
*Opens door*
Wow!

(Just to avoid confusion, I wrote up my layout picturing a typical hotel room.)

My room is painted white and the carpet has black numbers from 1 to 13

As you walk through the entrance of my room, you enter into a small hallway, leading into a bigger room. On the left of the hallway you will see a bathroom with a shower, sink, and toilet. Just outside of the bathroom is a bunch of hooks for coats and hats. On the right side of the hallway is a large mirror, and a small mat to put your shoes. As you pass through the small hallway, you enter a much larger room, with two beds along the left wall, facing the television on the right side. In two corners sit a furnce, and a trash can. The other corner is empty, and that's where the drums will go. There is a couch along the left wall, between the two beds. Against the northern wall is a counter with a sink and a microwave. To the left of the counter there is a stove and a fridge. On the right side of the counter there is a small table, on which atop sits a computer. Along the right wall, there is a wooden table with eight wooden chairs. Next to the table is the television, and next to the televison is a comfy blue recliner.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Well since I already have mine here they are again.

Cookie Monster

Grover Monster

Herry Monster

Thats because I've loved them so much as when we were roomates last year.

Hey there Count.

Cookie: Hey Count! *grabs Count and gives a big monster hug*

Grover: Grover at your sevies.

Herry: As you know there has to be a wight room here. *leans in and whispers to Count* Is there one?

I look around and notices a familer face......

AAROOOOOOOOOOON!!!! *runs and hugs him* I'm glad to see you again. Sorry for not emailing you back for all those times. I missed my buddy.

*hollers over the crowd of people* THIS IS MY BUDDY!!!

Ok everyone *talking to Aaron, Rowlf, Herry, Cookie and Grover* are you ready to move in?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, here's the descript of the room shared by Mokey Fraggle and myself.
1 The outside of our room door shows off a big white number 1 in high relief. All room doors have their numbers like this, to help others find their rooms easier.
2 The wallpaper's split down the middle, featuring red radishes on the left half of the room and black bats on the right side of the room.
3 Our beds are separated just a little bit from the walls, so we can change the bedclothes with ease. Mokey's bed is on the left and features red radishes on the sheets, while mine features black bats and is on the right side of the room. We have gray pillowcases, for two pillows, and fluffy blankets folded and placed at the feet of our beds.
4 There's a small mat below the bed with our slippers, for when we're hanging out in the dorms.
5 There are two mahogany nightstands next to our beds. Mokey's has a case for her reading glasses, a watering can for Lanford, and her bookbag on the lower shelf of the stand. My nightstand stores my bookbag, cassette recording equipment inside the bookbag/suitcase, walking cane, and a small stand with a few PVC figurines I use as dream guardians.
6 There are a couple of secret compartment shelves built into the walls.
Mokey's has an eggplant-knob and she keeps radish bars inside her shelf.
Mine features a jack o'lantern knob, and I keep my Muppets VCD collection inside.
7 The next thing along the walls as we proceed inwards are the wardrobe closets and dresser drawers. Mokey's on the left features red radishes and purple plums as knobs, while mine on the left has bright orange jack o'lantern knobs. Mokey keeps her cloaks, hooded and plain, hanging inside her closet. The dresser drawer holds a framed picture of her and Red Fraggle, another pair of glasses, her hair comb, and radish amulets. Of course, she also keeps some additional clothes neatly folded in the drawers, along with her poem books and sketch pads. As for my closet, polo shirts and jeans are hung with care inside. The dresser holds my dark glasses, wallet, handkerchief, electric shaver kit, eyedrop bottle, home and room keys, baby shampoo bottle for washing my eyes when I bathe, and perfume bottle. Of course, I have additional clothes neatly folded in the drawers, along with some extra blank cassettes for taping my classes. We have our own deodorant also placed with our personal items on our dressers.
8 Now we move on to the backwall, which divides into left, center, and right.
Center: There's a solid and sturdy wooden dresser which houses the room's air conditioner or ICE unit below. The TV set stands above the frame's upper shelf, while the lower shelf supports a DVD/VCR machine, a VCD machine, and an Adelphia cable box on top of that.
Right: The portion of the rightside wall next to the closet has a computer center. The table has a fully-functioning computer with DSL connection to talk to you guys on the forums, JAWS For Windows programming and a pair of speakers allowing me to hear my computer's speech, and a printer for printing my class papers. There's also a comfy crimson red swivel chair parked at the computer table. The back right portion of the room features a walk-in closet, guarded by a numbered skull on the door. This is where I have the various shelving units for all my Muppet figures, both made by Palisades Toys and by special customizer crews.
Left: There's a wooden desk here, for Mokey to work on her projects or for her to help me with mine. The desk has a subdued blue wheeling chair, an inner surface which can be opened and propped up against the far left wall, a set of paintbrushes, a set of acrylic paints, and a block of sculpting material. There's also a window near this part of the room, which allows sunlight to enter or a quick escape for my bat messenger.
9 We both have a couple of pets living with us, which we take care of.
Mokey has her pet deathwart plant, Lanford, kept inside his pot on her nightstand or the desk.
I have my pet bat, Bella, who prefers to live inside a separate corner of my closet.
10 There's a wastebasket set up in the corner of the room, and a small bucket placed beneath my pet bat's sleeping quarters. Generally, I send her on errands around the dormhouse.
11 We have our own toothbrushes and towels, kept in the Floor 1 Bathrooms.
Mokey has a lavender toothbrush, marked by a small purple eggplant.
My toothbrush is a midnight blackened color, and features a white bat.
Mokey has a fluffy violet towel, featuring a white strip near the bottom.
This white stripe bears her name in purple lettering, along with a couple of eggplants.
My towel is a fluffy sand-colored towel, featuring a black bat logo on the center.
This black bat logo bears my initials in white, along with a ghostly white number 13.
Think that's all for our room...
Oh yeah, it's got a sand-colored tiled floor.
And one last thing I can't forget about. Below the work desk, there's a cavernous Fraggle-hole, which grants Mokey and other Fraggles passage into and out of our room. Hope this helps and have a great night.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Shouting like on the TV show, Cheers: "KYLE!!"
About time you showed up here. Cookie, Grover, Herry! Glad to see you again. Man I missed you guys.
*Hugs all three monsters.
*Whispers back to Herry after hug: "Uh, what's a white room?"
So Kyle, do you want Room #26 again? If not, then what room do you fellas want?
Starting to feel like home again.

Erine81981

Reaction score
You got that right Count it fells like home once again. Thanks for the standing ovation. Yea will take room 26 again.

Herry: Sorry about that I ment to say weight room.

Grover: So is our room ready?

Grover hold your horses.

Grover: *looks around* I have no horses.

Its a cliche.

Grover: oh?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Hands key to Room #26 to Kyle. Here you go sir, and live in good health.
Knowing you've Cookie Monster with you... heh, *chuckles.
Nah, here's a pack of cookies I've been saving for you CM.
And I think there might be some sort of makeshift gym near the pool Herry.
Oh yes, and Grover, you got this from your mommy.
*Hands over lucky Fraggle pebble. She knows how much you missed it while you were away.
Ah, to sleep and Rest In Peace.
Good night to all. If you've got a message for me, leave it here at the lobby's desk, I'll pick them up and tend to them tomorrow.

Erine81981

Reaction score
Thanks Count.

Herry: Yea thanks again. Oh how I love it here.

Grover: Oh mommy. *looks up at celling* Thanks mommy and thanks you too, Count.

Cookie: Me thank you count. *munches on cookies*

homerthegreat

Reaction score
(To Animal) Alright, whaddaya say we get those drums up here, eh?
*Dials front desk*
Um, we're gonna those drums faster than I thought... Animal's getting restless.
*looks down at Animal, who is chewing on the phone cord*
Can you send them up? Thanks!

FraggleRocks

Reaction score
Room Descrip

Ok here goes. I might have to add a little more to it later as things come to me. But here's the start:

*When you walk in the door you are standing in a small entrance hall. The walls are a fresh clean white with turquoise colored tile on the floor. Directly in front of the door is a small turquoise mat to wipe your feet on. There is a small closet on your left for heavy coats and a shelf for board games. Heavy shoes like boots and galoshes go inside on the bottom. Next to the closet door is a turquoise and white tiled umbrella stand.
*On the left side of the entrance hall is a small white wooden table with a mirror over it. The table has a turquoise bowl on it to put keys in and a small silver tray to put the mail on.
*Once you are out of the entrance hall the room opens up into a large airy space that is divided into four sections. The area immediately in front is kind of the general living room area. The couch is turquoise as are the lamps that sit on two end tables at either end. There are two white chairs that sit catty corner the couch like this [ __ ]. The entertainment center is wooden painted white. Here you can find the TV, VCR, DVD, CD player, phonograph, and our extensive collection of movies and music. On either side of the entertainment center are large bookcases that hold a wide variety of fiction that I enjoy (even if Piggy doesn't understand the attraction).
*On the far right side of the room is my bed and desk with computer. This space is seperated from the rest of the room by a turquoise screen. The bedframe is a reddish wood with a bedspread that is done in dark blue, green, and purple. The desk is wood that is the same color as the headboard, this is where I do homework, even for the dreaded math classes. The desk is wide enough that I have room to be able to do my beadword on it and any of the other crafty thing I enjoy doing. The chair rolls and is comfortable cushioned in colors that match the bedspread. The desk sits in front of a large window with a sill where I can put my plants and has green cutains. In one corner is a music stand with my flute for practice time. There is a trunk at the foot of my bed (once again the reddish brown wood) that hold sweaters and blue jeans. A wardrobe sits opposite of the desk where I hang dresses and clothes that shoudln't get wrinkled. Roomy drawers are located at the bottom where shoes and pjs go. Smaller drawers above the bottom ones hold jewlery and some toiletries. A rag rug done in the color scheme is next to the bed and pictures that I love hang on the walls.
*Miss Piggy's room is seperated from the rest of the room by a white screen on the left. Needless to say her side of the room is done in pinks and purples. The bed itself is pink with a slightly darker shade of pink for the bedspread. There isn't really a desk because Piggy believes that there are better uses for her time (like snaging a certain frog we all know). Instead there is a vanity where a variety of beauty products and jewelry can be found (one of the reasons why I don't have much in my room. why bother when I can go borrow it from Piggy?), there are also many pictures of Kermit. And not just on the vanity, but on the walls too. The vanity is done in purple and pink with lots of drawers to help her be organized (like that's going to happen). There is a large plush pink rug and the walls to change to pink in her sleeping area. There is also a window for piggy but it's mostly covered by long gauzy curtains in various shades of pink and purple. There is a small purple table by the bed where she keeps her sleeping mask and ear plugs along with a very large picture of Kermit. There are some pig shaped lip markes on the glass but don't mention it to her. You could be stuck for hours listening about how wonderful Kermit is. There are also a few of Piggy's publicity shots hanging on the wall.
*Ok now go back out of Piggy's room and behind the couch is a sun room. Here the tile changes to a light tanish color, what isn't windows is painted a dark orange yellow. A maple table with 8 chairs around it is in the center. Along one side of the sun room (which is kind of like a breakfast nook) is a low table where food can be set and cabinets below to store nonperishables and cooking stuff and dishes. A refridgerator which looks just like the low table is on the opposite side of the room.

Well I think that's enough for now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? That's a great set-up FraggleRocks! Rivals the setup in the old dorms created by Pepe'sLostLuv, who was Miss Piggy's previous roommate. Heh, maybe if she comes back soon enough she can have Pepe as her roomie now.
Well, have a good weekend as we inaugurate the new dorms.

Status
Not open for further replies.