Muppet Channel?

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
This might be a little lat but...
Cartoon Network was never supposed to be a 24 hour kid's network.
Thank you, that is all.
THANK YOU!

to make an analogy, saying that Cartoon Network was only meant for kids because it shows cartoons, is like saying that the Muppet Show was only for kids because it had puppets.

They knew going in that while a large part of their audience would be kids, that there would be an awful lot of teenagers, adults, seniors...whatever, watching as well. so they came up with a quite brilliant mix of old and new.

it's this kind of thinking that makes me angry. A comic book store owner is in jail right now, because he sold an over-18, undercover officer a rated-x comic book that was behind the counter, in a poly-bag, and clearly marked as 18+ only. the entire case against him? comic books are a children's medium, so obviously these books were being marketed towards children. and you know what? the jury bought it. so now this man is in jail, and what he did was perfectly legal.

that's where we end up when we start thinking of things in these terms of black and white.

towels

Reaction score
I kind of like Recess...the movie was very funny with a lot of lines put in there for grown-ups too. (Very Henson-like)
I guess you have to look at it as cartoon makers trying to have their shows be relevant to world of the typical target viewer. Probably some copy-cat syndrome going on too...

Jackie

Reaction score
I'm 20 and I like the cartoon network! What about Adult Swim? :smile:

towels

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
I'm 20 and I like the cartoon network! What about Adult Swim? :smile:
You know, I like some of Adult Swim (SGC2C, Brak, Home Movies, Harvey Birdman...) and I like some of Cartoon Network. Actually, I used to like Cartoon Network more up until their Campaign 2000. The campaign was very clever and they pulled it off really well, but I was a little surprised and disappointed Scooby won. Now we've had to suffer through 5 hours of Scooby every day instead of the variety of shows they used to have (Gumby, Superfriends, Animaniacs, Freakazoid, etc.)
Looking back through my cynical eyes, I almost wonder if that election was fixed too...ah, for the sweet innocence of 2 years ago...
:smile:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Cartoon Network used to show Gumby? This is not a thing I remeber.

Jackie

Reaction score
They used to show GUMBY??? Where have I been???

GUMBY! Let's all see what magical games he can play...

kansasteen14

Reaction score
I have to say I love House of Mouse and knew it would go to toon Disney.now about Doug it is no longer owned by Disney they sold it back to Nick and they can no longer make new episodes but can show the ones they made.and pepper ann is no longer in new episodes.

Alicia_14

Reaction score
i dont get toon disney and i was wondering if they played any retro toons like Fraggle Rock or the Care Bears? I remember they were on disney at one time....

towels

Reaction score
It was about five years ago I think. Not at convenient times (at least for me). Like 4 am and 11 am or something. I'd only see it if I was home sick from work.