Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

Marky

Reaction score
Ilikemuppets said:
Are you saying that you like the show?
I mean, the show wasn't bad, but it was what it was.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I guess I understand. Everyone's intitled to their own opinion.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Marky said:
I'm not knocking the show itself or it's quality, but it's like putting the Clone Wars cartoons up there with the Star Wars films.
Or the first two in the prequal series. Though, to be fair, I think Genndy Tartikoffsky did a better job with that material than Lucas himself. Shell... even Weird Al's "The Saga Begins" was better than Phantom Menace.

Personally, I do know the perspective of the "it's not puppetry" antagonizing of the show. I can respect that to a degree. But I feel over all the series was high quality for a preschool kids show. Honestly, I was about to buy up as many of the plush they had when they released them two years ago... too bad I didn't have too much cash, and only got the Baby Animal beany.

That said, I feel that it was very sad Li'l Muppet Monsters didn't pan out. You had the real puppets introducing the cartoon, and appeared in other skits. It would have been win win. I feel, had they used the same puppeteer's voices, there was merit to an animated Pigs in Space.

AS for clips... knowing Lucas' long time affiliation with both Henson and Disney, Star Wars/ Indiana Jones wouldn't be a problem.... and writer Jeff Scott would protest to the disappearance of the Stooge clips (as he is Moe's Grandson, and probably suggested them anyway). BTW... do they even protect the clips from the TV show "Beauty and the Beast?" No one cares if it's on the air or DVD or not.

>>Intellectual property is a juicy commodity, and rights to songs, show scripts, images, etc can change hands like Eddie Vedder on a good crowd surf. But Disney has the ultimate decision to either release what it can without legal problems, or wait out the red tape which can take eons. So they need to guess which the buyer wants - the bulk of it now, or every single snippet with an indeterminate release date.<<

That's what I love about copywrites. They were made to protect artists/creators/inventors from having their projects copied for profit. Say, if I created some sort of character for a cartoon and I have the copywrite, if someone wants to say HE created it for monitary gains, I could sue his buttocks back to the stoneage. But in the end, it protects people who have vAST amounts of money, and either own the copywrite under the company that owns it, or just wanted to buy up copywrites for no apparent reason, and shove them in the closet (For years, Filmation's entire stock of product was owned by a shampoo company or something that did nothing with it).

That said, as much as I'd hate to admit it, Disney did do its best to NOT have to cut more than they had to. It could have been a WHOLE lot worse. :stick_out_tongue: and :frown: could have been cut out as well.

>>Unreleased rank: 69th
Overall rank: 187th<<

Considering the only other ones that have been given any notice to internet geeks, Freakazoid, the 60's Batman series (and there's a real copywrite problem), and Tiny Toons (and the like) would be pretty high up on that list. Most of everything else has been released on DVD some how. Even Police Squad (the short lived series that the Naked Gun films have been based on) is going to be released.

Problem is, there are only 3 ways something gets on DVD:
1) Loud outcry from angry fans (that's how we finally got Fraggle Rock and the Tick)
2) A crap live action movie or remake comes out (Garfield and Friends, Fat Albert)
3) Some idiot somewhere says... "Y'know... we need to puts forgettable fluff like 'What's Happenin' ?' in a comprehensive box set... and releases it.

So either popular shows get DVD treatment or very massively unpopular crap no one cares about. And sometimes you find hoards of the latter when looking for Old School Sesame or something like that.

unclematt

Reaction score
I truly think that Muppet Babies will be released to DVD. I dont think it will happen in the near future but it will happen.

maxdrive

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I truly think that Muppet Babies will be released to DVD. I dont think it will happen in the near future but it will happen.
I agree and i think if it does get released we wont see a box set for a wile i think they will put out dvd's containing 3 to 4 epps on each to see if people will buy it much like hit did for fraggle rock they did the 3 epp dvd's before releaseing the season box sets

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
maxdrive said:
I agree and i think if it does get released we wont see a box set for a wile i think they will put out dvd's containing 3 to 4 epps on each to see if people will buy it much like hit did for fraggle rock they did the 3 epp dvd's before releaseing the season box sets

yeah... but it was HIT! who releaed the 3 epp Fraggles, disney didnt!

unclematt

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
yeah... but it was HIT! who releaed the 3 epp Fraggles, disney didnt!
I have faith that Disney will do the same

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If single-disc releases of Muppet Babies get made, I wonder if they will be themed or if they will be random groupings of episodes (like the single-disc Fraggle Rock releases; It seems like only two of those had themes). There are a lot of themes that could be used for a disc. Besides "The best of (insert character name here)", there could be discs focusing on episodes that involve parodies, show buisness, books, fairy tales, art, history, and more.

unclematt

Reaction score
I would think they would probably do it randomly or a best of type deal

muppet baby

Reaction score
where are the DVDs for the muppet babies dolls and dvds

erniebert1234ss said:
:confused: Does anyone know when we can expect more Muppet Babies stuff, like Season DVDs (for chrissakes, DO SOMETHING!) I'd like to create my own MB eps and also I'd like to have some rereleases of MB stuff from the original run. That would start my engines "faster than a speeding weirdo" (note the MB episode reference! :big_grin: ). Any1 like to take this topic to the level most Muppet fans think it deserves?

BJ
I really agree with you on that muppet babies is my faverite cartoon of all time .
What can we do to help the realease miss piggy was great i loved her clothes and she was my faverite :mad: love that lady bunson was my next faverite next to kermit i thought when disney bought the muppets they would realise this fast they are so far behind why is up with that whre are the muppet baies dolls i want the entire set at the time when they came out i only had money for kermit and miss piggy now that money is good they are gone and i wanted the rest of DVDs also and were are they now !!!!!!!!!!
does any one know if the dolls will come back i wanted the entire set .