Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

salemfan

Reaction score
Haven't been to these boards in a while so the "Muppet Babies" section is new to me, but I don't think we'll be seeing "Muppet Babies" in season sets on DVD anytime soon.

Basically, it comes down to rights issues...They used so many movie and TV clips (as well as the occasional bits of music videos and news footage) that they would be paying practically every studio under the sun for rights to use the clips.

Also, another potential hold-up is the extensive usage of "Star Wars" trilogy clips. Let's bear in mind that Lucas isn't a fan of the older versions (when Han Solo shot first and the like) and if we won't be getting them on DVD, why would we get clips of them in season sets?

My prediction...If it does come to DVD, prepare for heavy-duty editing.

Sincerely,

John "manoftheSTREET" Kilduff
I think when it comes to copyright, those issues really do apply. If anybody remembers the sailing vessel Mimi from the TV shows "The Voyage of the Mimi" and "The Second Voyage of the Mimi" that used to air on PBS, the actual sailing vessel was kept in Gloucester and used to travel from New England to the Gulf of Mexico where it was open to the public as a visitor attraction, and available from that sailing vessel was a cassette and songbook called "Sea Songs from the Mimi Crew" made in 1988 by Peter Marston, owner of the sailing vessel and some freelance musicians and self-published under the name "The Barn School". Having owned a copy of that long out-of-print cassette from when I went on that boat, I once emailed somebody who performed on that tape and after she said she didn't have the original recording anymore, I offered to send her an old copy so it could be made into iTunes for rerelease, but she rejected the idea saying that the tape will never be available on modern format because "there are too many issues with the people who performed on that tape. They are scattered everywhere, and would never grant the necessary permissions. There's plenty of good sea music elsewhere."

gregishere

Reaction score
:confused: Does anyone know when we can expect more Muppet Babies stuff, like Season DVDs (for chrissakes, DO SOMETHING!) I'd like to create my own MB eps and also I'd like to have some rereleases of MB stuff from the original run. That would start my engines "faster than a speeding weirdo" (note the MB episode reference! :big_grin: ). Any1 like to take this topic to the level most Muppet fans think it deserves?

BJ
Just saw your question, as an original in the animated Muppet Babies I was surprised to see, when entering the show name, a site came up which has been selling DVDs of the series. Surprises me, as Disney owns the series and the seller has probably no connection or any rights to sell the sets.
I wonder if authorities have shut them down or approached them for, most likely, illegally selling these?

But glad you are interested in all things MB.