Muppet 3D- opinions

Kermielovah

Reaction score
muppet film at wdw

The show at Disney was awesome. I loved Waldorf and Statler and the fountain outside (which I HAD to have my picture taken by). I was disappointed the picture I snuck didn't come out there. It's been awhile but I was somewhat disappointed with the selection of merchandise. Things are picking up here and there though, as my Muppet pjs and the Kermit photogrpaher figure that I got for Xmas.:big_grin:

And I am 28 and gladly in my pjs and Kermit slippers from Wal-Mart! :smile:

Sweetums74

Reaction score
Jonathan,
Great description of the show. I couldn't have said it better myself... actually, I did. That is my description (word for word) of the show off of my old and pretty much abandoned MV3D website.

I'm not mad, but when using another source, it really should be credited. Without the acknowledgement of where you obtained that description, it appears that you came up with that yourself. Of course, I don't expect anyone to know that that is my site, but including the URL would have been sufficient acknowledgement.

Anyway.......

Muppet*Vision really is a great show overall. Like many Muppet Projects, it does hold up over time with all of the little details and stuff that happens in the background that isn't noticed on the first viewing.

It really is the forerunner of many of the 3D movies that are in the parks today. It took the in theater effect concept that appeared with captain EO and ran with them to the next level (granted in theater effects with 3D movies really wasn't new with EO-- William Castle packaged them with his cinema films in the 50s/60s). Take a look at the Terminator 3D movie that is at the Universal parks-- CGI 3D character, animatronics, live actors. All of these appear in MuppetVision. T2-3D added the moving seats (although it could be argued that something similar exists with Honey I Shrunk the Audience, but it isn't quite the same effect).

I really should do something with my old MV3D site. I just have too many other sites to mess with that the last thing I want to do is use my "off time" to build another website.

C