1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Muppet 3D- opinions

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by SamEagle 000, May 18, 2003.

1. SamEagle 000

SamEagle 000 Well-Known Member

I have a question. Did anyone see Muppets 3D in California Adventure? When I saw it I thought it was pretty awesome. It had the whole cast in it including Statler and Waldorf up in the balcony cracking off jokes every once in a while.:zany: It had great affects and was really funny.:) For those of you who have seen it tell me your opinion of the show. I'd like to know.

:p

;)

2. Mr.Penguin

Mr.Penguin Well-Known Member

Cody; why do you bother?

-:zany:

3. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Well-Known Member

it's the shame show as WDW...right?

Sarah

4. Super Scooter

Super Scooter Well-Known Member

Huh? What are you talking about?

(note: for future reference, you might get better response posting something related to The Muppet Show Muppets in just the regular Classic Muppets part of the forum, rather than Muppet Worlds. Just so you know)

I've never seen the show, but, the minute I convince my parents to take me to Disney World, I am seeing it at least 10 times in a row!!!

5. sarah_yzma

you might as well just lay on the floor when the exit doors open.....

Sarah

hey! it works!

uhhh don't ask.....

6. Super Scooter

You have no idea how many times I've been tempted to do that after a particularly good movie...

Never have, of course. :rolleyes: :sing:

7. sarah_yzma

don't the janitor type people come in between movies?

Sarah

8. SamEagle 000

Yah, they do. Maybe you could hide from them though.;)

Just move from row to row staying one ahead of him.

9. Mr.Penguin

The Masked Muppet strikes again!!! Come to my thread to be
    warned...............

10. SamEagle 000

Why must you ruin my thread, why!!!:mad: :mad:

;)

11. Mr.Penguin

Bwa-ha! I musn't be silenced!

12. SamEagle 000

Whatever.;)

13. Tztz

Tztz Well-Known Member

i have heard about the muppet3d many times, but since i am from Israel i guess i wont have the oppertunity to see it soon, can you tell me a little about it?

14. SamEagle 000

Well, the show is about Beaker and Bunson creating this machine that sucks everthing up. It has all the muppets in it and it also has little shorts in it. I don't remember it really well but I know that the police are after one of the muppets or something like that and a big cannon comes out from behind you from a hole in a wall and blows everything up.:crazy: The walls are special and change from regular to looking blown up. It was really funny and I loved it.:D

Sorry I couldn't give a more detailed description.:o I saw it quite a while ago.

15. Mr.Penguin

Bean Bunny is the one you're thinking of.

16. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny Well-Known Member

Spoiler

Spoiler

You have been warned. Basically the Muppet Labs has made a new techology, Muppet-Vision. All of the Muppets want to show their new techology through a show. In the funny preshow, Scooter try to keep everything to together as chaos ensure. Rizzo dresses up as Mickey Mouse as well in the preshow. Once inside the Muppet theatre, We see that the penguin orschestra are starting to perform and Stalter & Walter are in the balcony. Kermit greets us to Muppet-Vision 3-D with 3-D effects. Fozzie keep out and do some cheap 3-D tricks. Flying Pie, shot water on us, etc. Kermit should us Muppet Labs, where the techology was created. Bunsen and Beaker show off the machine, which in turn create the spirit of 3-D, Waldo. Waldo escape as Bunsen vaccuum up the screen as they try to catch him. Bean :), help Miss Piggy out with her part of the show but misses up. Feeling that he is not wanted, he runs away. The Muppets look for him. Bean join up with Waldo. Sweetums comes into the audience trying to look for Bean, he is in the balcony. Kermit tells Bean that he can have the big part in the finale. Sam The Eagle salute all of the countries of the world, especially America. Chaos ensure as fireworks fly off, the Swedish Chief was in the projector room fires back at the screen.

This was Jim Henson's last Muppet project and the last time he voiced Kermit, Beaker, and Waldo.

17. Mr.Penguin

Beaker....Richard Hunt
    Waldo C.Graphic......Steve Whitmire

Get with the program(;))

18. Super Scooter

Wow! Great spoiler, Bean! I am deffenitely gonna figure out some way to get down to that Disney place and see this.

Anyway, no personal attack against yourself, but, this is something that has always bugged me...

Besides what Mr. Penguin pointed out, Frank Oz, and so many of the Muppeteers have always pointed out that the VOICE is only part of it. It's the easiest thing. It's the puppet that's the hardest. Just whenever someone says they did the VOICE of the character, it gets on my nerves, becuase, that's not all they're doing.

Sorry for ranting, and, again, great coverage! You've sold me on wanting to see it!

(note: after seeing Tale of Bunny Picnic, I don't think Bean Bunny is quite so terrible anymore. I kinda like the little squirt now!)

:) ;) :) ;) :)

19. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Sorry about the performer of each character.

On the Jim Henson Hour, Where Jim tours PDI and uses the Waldo techology, Waldo used Jim's voice. I always thought that Waldo was voiced by Jim, I didn't know that Steve did it.

20. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I thought Muppet-Vision 3D was one of the coolest things I've ever seen!! I have heard that you have to see it at least 4 times to get to take in EVERYTHING that's all around you.