Misheard Song Lyrics

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I hear chairs an' some bells are ringing
Roman Catholic spires are singing
Feed on mayo and swordfish ee-oh
Michelin reason lives in a field
LOL, I think I'll be hearing that next time that song is played on the radio/my iPod.

And also, involving the last post I made on this thread, it took me a while to figure out the title of that song. And, frankly, "She's the girl all the math [somethings] want," would make sense, because if it's about people involved in math, they're more than likely nerds and/or geeks. And nerds/geeks are attracted to popular/cool girls, who the song seems to be about.

Alpha Centauri

Reaction score
These two are what my mom misheard:

Do the funky lady!

Which is really: Dude looks like a lady!

And

Caribbean twist.

Which in fact is: Caribbean queen.

My mom for the longest time thought songs were about dances.

Kiki

Reaction score
No me, but when I went out with my grandma somewhere a few years back "Play That Funky Music" was playing. She, errm, misheard "funky" and stopped dancing, saying that she was going to complain to the people there about how unsuitable the song was. I didn't quite get what she meant at first, so I was a little puzzled.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
No me, but when I went out with my grandma somewhere a few years back "Play That Funky Music" was playing. She, errm, misheard "funky" and stopped dancing, saying that she was going to complain to the people there about how unsuitable the song was. I didn't quite get what she meant at first, so I was a little puzzled.
I have a "not me" story about that too! My wife heard that song during an assembly in sixth grade and was scandalized by what she thought they were saying in school!
:smile:

Yorick

Reaction score
About "Blinded By The Light"
The entire song sounds slurred and mushy to me.
She gave my hand a squirrley wurley? What the heck is that? :eek:
I heard Bruce Springsteen wrote it after someone told him his songs didn't rhyme...so he went overboard, in a seemingly smarty pants way - and it paid off it seems, since that cover is quite well known :smile:

Misheard lyric I saw in a book (but find hard to believe) -
BACON CARROT BISCUITS!
(takin' care of business- BTO)

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
"As the World Falls Down" from Labyrinth:

Real lyrics:
...Though we're strangers 'til now...

Misheard Lyrics:
...We're strangers to love...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wow, this thread is strange for two reasons... 1 is that it's OLD (man, there's been thread resurrections galore lately, lol), and 2 who is this Alpha chick with 200+ posts yet I've never seen her around here before?

Anyshoe, here's a couple for me...

Billy Ocean's "Get Out of My Dreams"
The Real Lyrics: "Get out of my dreams, get into my car"
What I heard: "Get out of my dreams, get into my heart"

And I just forgot the second one as I typed this... I've been out of the scene around here quite a bit, but then again, that's to be expected.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
In the song "Daniel" (by Elton John, right?) I was convinced since I was a kid that the lyrics included "heading for space" instead of "Spain". In my defense, the line before mentioned a plane.