Misheard Song Lyrics

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Hehe. Yeah, that line is really hard to figure out! I've noticed Elton doesn't usually enunciate very well. For instance, When I heard Clay Aiken's version of "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me," it was the first time I could make out all the lyrics!
Erin
Well, maybe that's why they have lyrics in the CDs liner notes. It's fun, though, to just sing Elton's songs (or others') with the lyrics you think are right. Actually, for the longest time we were singing "Someone saved my life tonight, sugar bear" without realizing that we were actually right. We thought that had to be a misheard lyric, but it turns out it's legit!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, I used to sing "The Sound of Silence" and "The Boxer" with greatly skewed lyrics when we first got S and G's greatest hits when I was 8. And I insisted they were right, while my mom tried to correct me... Their own fault for not including the lyrics! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, if Simon and Garfunkel included the lyrics for "The Boxer," most of it would just be full of "lie lie lies," so how could you trust them?

:wink:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Well, if Simon and Garfunkel included the lyrics for "The Boxer," most of it would just be full of "lie lie lies," so how could you trust them?

:wink:
LOL!!!! :crazy: :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
In the last few weeks, my store has been pumping in a Christmas music feed over the PA and every time "Run Run Rudolph" comes on (is it Sheryl Crow's version?) I'm transfixed by the second line in the song (in this version, anyway):

"You bicka-bicka-bicka
So you bicka-bicka-freeway down."

Very moving.

eric

camillachick

Reaction score
My fiance used to think the Beatles song Ticket to Ride was Ticket to Raha because of how they drag out the word.
And there's a song with the line "Bring me a higher love" which for the life of me I thought was "Bake me a pie of love" until about a year ago.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Band is pretty hard to understand..,.

Take a load of Frammy,
take a load off frrrraaaaam,
Take a load off frammy,
ehh...ehh..eh..
chuh puh da low ride on meeeee

and then there's this song that someone else did...

Gimme the Beach Boys
and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll
and cliff the ways...

funny story... when I first heard the song "pass it on" from MFC, I misheard this lyric

when you're givin' love away,
love will come again Tuesday

why would ya have to wait for tuesday?!?!? :excited:

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
funny story... when I first heard the song "pass it on" from MFC, I misheard this lyric

when you're givin' love away,
love will come again Tuesday

why would ya have to wait for tuesday?!?!? :excited:
Isn't Tuesday international Love Day? :wink:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Gimme the Beach Boys
and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll
and cliff the ways...
LOL! Well, getting lost in the Beach Boys' rock and roll doesn't sound so bad... :stick_out_tongue:
Erin