Misheard Song Lyrics

SaraJayne

Reaction score
I had been terribly confused with the Beatles song "She's got a ticket to ride" thinking that it went "She's got a chicken to ride. That would make a good muppet song though.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
sbrond17 said:
I had been terribly confused with the Beatles song "She's got a ticket to ride" thinking that it went "She's got a chicken to ride. That would make a good muppet song though.
That's hilarious--my wife used to think the same thing back when we were in college. She didn't actually hear the song that way, but when a DJ announced it that's what she thought it said. We've been singing "chicken to ride" and cracking ourselves up ever since!!

:crazy:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
guysmiley4ever said:
for years I've sang, "...you're a candle in the window and a corn dog when it's night..." by REO Speedwagon. and whenever I hear the song, it's still fun to sing that. :smile:
LOL!!

:big_grin:

(for anyone who doesn't know, it's really "you're a candle in the window on a cold dark winter's night)

But guysmiley, from now on I think I'll sing your version---heehee! :zany:

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
On the David Bowie album Heathen, I messed up the lyrics for two of my favourite songs:

On the song Cactus, it's actually "Sitting here (and this word I'm still not sure about, although I think it's "wishing") on a cement floor..."
I won't tell you what I originally thought "cement" was.

On the next track, cos I forget the name, I heard "Twinkle, twinkle, Uncle flied" and it turned out he was saying "Floyd." Now how on earth did I mess that up?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's mine

Down on the corner,
out in the stree
with the Bo boys is playin
playing the hippos can't be feet

Yay
Down in Dakota,
rough rim dre screep
Play day blo bloy bla blooing
Zip fmmm pickles cran meeef meeef....

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
LOL! CCR can be a bit hard to understand at times...
Erin
Ahh, and therein lies the challenge.

Oh, here's another, this time from Elton John. In the song "Blessed," I think he says "pull a name from a hat." We never knew what the heck he was saying. "pull an egg from my hand" was our top contender...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
LOL! CCR can be a bit hard to understand at times...
Erin

Only band I know that eats peanut butter while performing!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Ahh, and therein lies the challenge.

Oh, here's another, this time from Elton John. In the song "Blessed," I think he says "pull a name from a hat." We never knew what the heck he was saying. "pull an egg from my hand" was our top contender...
Hehe. Yeah, that line is really hard to figure out! I've noticed Elton doesn't usually enunciate very well. For instance, When I heard Clay Aiken's version of "Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me," it was the first time I could make out all the lyrics!
Erin