Misheard Song Lyrics

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
In the musical Jesus Christ Superstar, in the song "The Temple" there's a line that goes:
"Here it isn't us and them."
which I though was
"Here it isn't gossamer." (sp?)

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
I swear, I can be the king o' these sometimes...

One o' muh most notorious---Martina McBride's "Independence Day":

Real line: "She tried to pretend he wasn't drinkin' again, but Daddy left the proof on her cheek."

Byron's misheard line: "She tried to pretend he wasn't drinkin' again, but Daddy left the poop on her cheek."

And I was like, :eek: , what kinda song IS this?! :concern:

jediX

Reaction score
Plus there's that whole "Paul's dead" stuff that's rumored to be in the end of "Strawberry Fields Forever".

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Beebers said:
One of the more famous ones is in Creedence Clearwater Revival's Bad Moon Risin', when they sing,
"There's a bad moon on the rise."

Most everybody thought they were saying,

"There's a bathroom, on the right."
Another funny one from this tune is listed on kissthisguy.com also...

"One eye is taken for an eye"
is listed as....
"Whoa, now, you stinkin' foreigner!"

I never thought John Fogerty could be so cruel!

eric

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
jediX said:
Plus there's that whole "Paul's dead" stuff that's rumored to be in the end of "Strawberry Fields Forever".
Actually, if I'm right, you can turn the very end of the fade way up and mishear Lennon say "I buried Paul". Once the Anthologies were realeased, they boosted the track containing this phrase up quite a bit so you could hear him actually say, "Cranberry Sauce". The "S" sounds were lost in the sixties recording, as most high frequencies were lost in transcription back then, but they were certainly present on the master tapes. I always felt bad for Paul having this rumour bestowed upon him. Once, in an interview as to whether or not he was dead (!) he said "I most certainly am NOT dead. I'm right here!" The press replied with "That's just what the NEW Paul would say, isn't it?" *sigh*

Can you back me up on this, Erin? You're pretty good with Beatles trivia, too.

eric

jediX

Reaction score
I can probably locate the article I read regarding this...

guysmiley4ever

Reaction score
for years I've sang, "...you're a candle in the window and a corn dog when it's night..." by REO Speedwagon. and whenever I hear the song, it's still fun to sing that. :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
Actually, if I'm right, you can turn the very end of the fade way up and mishear Lennon say "I buried Paul". Once the Anthologies were realeased, they boosted the track containing this phrase up quite a bit so you could hear him actually say, "Cranberry Sauce". The "S" sounds were lost in the sixties recording, as most high frequencies were lost in transcription back then, but they were certainly present on the master tapes. I always felt bad for Paul having this rumour bestowed upon him. Once, in an interview as to whether or not he was dead (!) he said "I most certainly am NOT dead. I'm right here!" The press replied with "That's just what the NEW Paul would say, isn't it?" *sigh*

Can you back me up on this, Erin? You're pretty good with Beatles trivia, too.

eric
I know the rumors that Paul was dead were very popular for a while and everyone was looking for clues on the albums and such. And Paul was certainly frustrated by all the rumors. That would be pretty annoying to keep having to convince people that you're not dead and haven't been replaced with a look-alike! :stick_out_tongue:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Well, here's another one from our house...

In "Mrs. Robinson" by Simon and Garfunkel, there's a line that goes

"...going to the candidates' debate."

Well, my wife used to hear the last part as "today's the date," which meant (once we thought about it) that the line would have to be

"...going to the can, today's the date."

:eek:
LOL! There's a bunch of funny misheard S and G lyrics here: http://www.amiright.com/misheard/artist/simonandgarfunkel.shtml