Misconceptions about your age

Hubert

Reaction score
Inspired by a conversation I had with another forum member today, I thought this might be a fun thread. Sorta a people thinking you're way older/younger than you actually are/were thread.

For example, when I was 13, some woman tried to give me a coloring book, apparently thinking that I was extremely young... :sigh:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hi. I'm a 14 year old who is a junior in college.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
People think I'm older than 22 when I talk to them on the phone, because I have a flat, sort of nasal voice.

(People also think I'm a woman, but that's for another thread. :smirk:)

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If gonna go in those directions, people say I sound just like my dad over the phone.

And yes, in the old days, practically the entire MC community thought I was a woman as well.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Some people I've talked to on the phone have persisted in calling me "miss" or "ma'am" even when I used my full first name (Christopher). I guess that's how persuasively middle-aged womanly I sound.

Vincent L

Reaction score
When I'm in 5th grade, people think I'm in junior high. When I'm in junior high, people think I'm in college. When will this end?

And when I went with my dad to print his report/thesis/study (not sure which word to use) for his Master's Degree, the person asked if it was mine. Do I look that old?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
People always think I'm younger than I am, which is annoying now but I'm sure I'll appreciate it later on, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
People always think I'm younger than I am, which is annoying now but I'm sure I'll appreciate it later on, lol.
In all honesty, because of how wise and mature you are, I was always under the impression that you were... let's say "middle aged"; I know you've never been completely explicit about your age, but some of what you have said in the past seems to indicate I was actually way off in assume your age bracket.