Misconceptions about your age

Slackbot

Reaction score
People are all over the map as to my age. Physically I look younger than I am because I keep myself in good shape and have oily skin, which resists wrinkling (and gives me an adolescent-looking complexion, sigh). However, when I smile you can see telltale lines around my eyes.

Online people have, based on the various things I do, guessed that I was as young as a teenager and as old as a grandmother. They've often assumed that I'm male, and occasionally thought that I'm Christian, Wiccan, or something else that I'm not, usually based on stories I've written.

It creeps me out when people call me "Ma'am". I know I'm a grownup, don't rub it in!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It creeps me out when people call me "Ma'am". I know I'm a grownup, don't rub it in!
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, and I seriously mean absolutely no offense here, I'm just curious, but in cases like this, isn't it kind of a common "quirk" gay and bi people have that they dislike being addressed by a pronoun that's associated with their gender, like "sir" or "ma'am"? :confused:

Slackbot

Reaction score
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, and I seriously mean absolutely no offense here, I'm just curious, but in cases like this, isn't it kind of a common "quirk" gay and bi people have that they dislike being addressed by a pronoun that's associated with their gender, like "sir" or "ma'am"? :confused:
Not that I've ever seen, and I've known a lot of non-straights.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I wish I would get called ma'am sometimes. Usually I get called "young lady." :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I feel old when people call me ma'am or miss. I hate it :stick_out_tongue:

Slackbot

Reaction score
I prefer "Miz." That doesn't refer to any age or marital status, only gender.

(Counting the seconds until someone points out that the correct spelling is "Ms.")

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Being I used to work with kids for 10 years I'll admit I hated being called "Miss" but I got used to it for some reason it made me feel important. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought "Miz" was women who were previously married, but are now single again... or I could be mistaken... I thought "Ms." was pronounced as "Miz", while "Miss" was pronounced the way it's spelled, maybe it's vice-versa, I don't know, because there's only one thing for a Mr. no matter, because it's just Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo, the way you move ain't fair you know.

Hubert

Reaction score
I thought "Miz" was women who were previously married, but are now single again... or I could be mistaken... I thought "Ms." was pronounced as "Miz", while "Miss" was pronounced the way it's spelled, maybe it's vice-versa, I don't know, because there's only one thing for a Mr. no matter, because it's just Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo, the way you move ain't fair you know.
I believe that Ms. is pronounced "Miz" and "Miss" is pronounced the way it's spelled, like you said. "Miss" refers to an unmarried woman, and I think that "Ms." can be both an unmarried woman or a married woman.