Misconceptions about your age

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I was 22 people thought I was 17. Now I'm 29 and people think I look 18. :/
Apparently, it all depends on what kind of lifestyle you live, the people you hang out with, etc.

Take for example a lady I know who's in her mid 30s, but she looks amazing, she doesn't look a day over 30, she doesn't drink, she doesn't smoke, she doesn't go out partying a lot, she doesn't hang out with the wrong crowd, etc.

Then take people like Lady Gaga and Rihanna... it ALWAYS surprises me that they're both in their mid 20s, because they both look MUCH older than that, but then again, look at their hard-partying lifestyles.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Good for you! At that rate, when you're 99, people will think you're 28.
Lol. Maybe by then I won't mind it so much. Although D' Snowth has a point. I'll be honest though my diet could be better, I'm not a size 4 and probably never will be but you know for me that's okay I've learned the hard way I don't need to look like what society says we should. Sorry for getting on my soap box there. But I don't smoke, or drink. I never liked the taste alcohol myself. And I've never hung out with people who made me feel awkward.

Although being 29 you'd think I was turning 70. I'm dreading turning the big 30 next year. I mean I know I can't do anything about it but I cried when I turned 20. I don't know how I'm gonna take being 30. Lol I'll probably need a Zoloft. :stick_out_tongue:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
30's not that bad. 40's not even awful. I dread the over-65 range. There's a reason Maude is one of my role models!

Sadly, I've found people's perception of my age seems to have more to do with my hair color. When I let it go and it gets about half grey/silver, I get the "ma'am" treatment...ugh. When I dye it I get carded. Go figure.
-------------

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
People say Asians look younger then their actual age but don't know how true that is. Well it is for me I guess. Lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When I let it go and it gets about half grey/silver, I get the "ma'am" treatment...ugh.
-------------
Well, what else are they going to call you? "Sir"?
People say Asians look younger then their actual age but don't know how true that is. Well it is for me I guess. Lol.
Well, Asian people usually tend to live healthier lives and consume healthier diets than other ethnicities.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Well, what else are they going to call you? "Sir"?
MISS would be fine and technically correct, as I am at present unmarried! But nothing at all works fine for me. I just hate the word ma'am.
--------------

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Well I'm Asian and I don't really consume a healthy diet sad to say...Im not gonna sit here and give excuses. I'm not your typical skinny Asian person. Although I am short which I hate! It's just annoying people thinking I look like I'm in high school. When I have drank like at weddings I still get carded. :/

Vincent L

Reaction score
If you call soy sauce, kimchi and pig fat healthy food…