Misconceptions about your age

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wouldn't force any wife of mine to change her name if she didn't want to, however, in the back of my mind, I would hold doubt as to whether she really took the commitment and the marriage seriously if she didn't, because it seems like most women who don't change their name when they get married don't take the entire situation seriously to begin with... y'know, it's like, "Oh, we'll be getting divorced anyway, so when that happens, I'll still have my maiden name"... like, if you really love this person and want to spend the rest of your life with him, why are you worrying about divorce before you're even married?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
however, in the back of my mind, I would hold doubt as to whether she really took the commitment and the marriage seriously if she didn't
No offense but I would doubt the commitment of a man who felt that way. :wink:

if you really love this person and want to spend the rest of your life with him, why are you worrying about divorce before you're even married?
Women who want to keep their names don't want a divorce. They just want their identify, the same as the man does.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I would be so happy to change my last name. I have relatives who I'd rather not have any connection with, including last name :stick_out_tongue:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I know D Snowth wasn't talking to me but in Korea that's just tradition. And I have inlaws nuff said. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well I know Asian traditions are considerably different than North Americans... correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the tradition reverse in Japan, in which the groom takes the bride's last name?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's sexist now? I mean personally, it seems like to me that women just keep looking for reasons to "buck the establishment", so-to-speak. They're allowed to vote, they're allowed to wear pants, they're allowed to hold down life-saving jobs, they're allowed to run countries, there's so much they're allowed to do now that they weren't centuries ago, yet it's still not enough to satisfy them?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's sexist now? I mean personally, it seems like to me that women just keep looking for reasons to "buck the establishment", so-to-speak.
Wanting to keep the name you're born with (the same way a man does) is bucking the establishment?