MCForum PSA: Very BAD Movies...

grail

Reaction score
i havn't had a chance to see Shaolin Soccer yet, and i thought they were doing "Spirited Away" first...with John Lassater overseeing the translation.

i'm definately with you on the LoEG too...love the comic, which is completely different from the movie. did you hear about the flooding in Prague that damaged the sets this week?

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe

Films I'm anticipating for this year:

Blue Crush - I guess you're just not going to understand my interest in this unless you surf, or have surfed.

Hmm... something tells me that Luke might like this one too, and I am willing to bet he never surfed a day in his life. Dunno what it is about hot babes in water that makes me pretty sure... something to that I guess. :wink:

scarecroe

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
i havn't had a chance to see Shaolin Soccer yet
Try to get the bootleg version of the DVD. The official region-free one is presented in pan&scan.
i thought they were doing "Spirited Away" first...with John Lassater overseeing the translation.
I honesltly don't know anythign about that, but this reminds me that I also should have mentioned another film I'm looking forward to. Pixar's next is Finding Nemo which is set for a Summer 2003 release I think.
LoEG...love the comic...flooding in Prague
I haven't read the comic yet, but I plan on picking up a copy before the film is released. I think it sounds like a fun story. Yeah, I'd read about the floods. Apparently they're the most severe that the country has seen in quite some time. More than 200,000 people (!) have had to be evacuated with something like 8% of the city under water.

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie

Aww Jamie, Dragons are cool! I mean sure we didn't get into their personalities, but I still thought it was cool for what it was worth. :smile:

Dragons are cool. Road to Perdition was good. But Signs was the best.

radionate

Reaction score
I gotta say, I liked Goldmember, in fact, I saw it twice. I'm not one for stupid humor. I hate the Something About Mary, American Pie, and Tom Green. But I thought this movie wasn't that bad. Yeah the script wasn't top notch, but its still played with a wink to the audience, and I love that. I played off of the 70's movies fantastically, and Foxy Cleopatra was a hoot. The cameos throughout the movie were amazing and unexpected. Those same old gags we've come to know and love were all there, and all but one worked well. I think its worth a looks see, and I look forward to the last 2 that Mike Myers says he wants to do before retiring the series.

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
I gotta say, I liked Goldmember, in fact, I saw it twice. I'm not one for stupid humor. I hate the Something About Mary, American Pie, and Tom Green. But I thought this movie wasn't that bad. Yeah the script wasn't top notch, but its still played with a wink to the audience, and I love that. I played off of the 70's movies fantastically, and Foxy Cleopatra was a hoot. The cameos throughout the movie were amazing and unexpected. Those same old gags we've come to know and love were all there, and all but one worked well. I think its worth a looks see, and I look forward to the last 2 that Mike Myers says he wants to do before retiring the series.
I enjoyed goldmember as well. I do hope that he doesn't keep rehashing the same jokes in the next 2 movies. But i did think the part were Ozzy came on and said what he said was quite funny. And the opening sequence was one of the funniest things i have ever seen.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
I also liked Goldmember. I'll admit, there were some gags that fell flat and they did use stupid toilet a little to much this time, but there were also moments that were pure gold.

Jackie

Reaction score
Anyone looking forward to 1 Hour Photo with Robin Williams?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Anyone looking forward to 1 Hour Photo with Robin Williams?<<<

Oh, Iv eonly been looking forward to Mark Romanek's One Hour Photo for two years, with having just lived the real life home game of it(hanging out with a psycho girl obsessed with Robin williams and who spent thousands on pictures of him)
Ive had One Hour Photo on bootleg vcdr for awhile, but cant wait to see it later this month. I dont know why Scarecrowe didnt have it on his films to see this fall list, as it is by far the best film all year.

Oh, and for the record Robin Williams in person IS NOTHING like his character Sy the photo guy in 1 hr photo, hehe.

Joseph

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
Anyone looking forward to 1 Hour Photo with Robin Williams?
I am. That trailer was very interesting.

There is an article in EW about Robin Williams trilogy of evil.

(Death to Smoochy, Insomnia, and One Hour Photo)