MC Dorms: 2009: Summer Vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the new Muppet College Dorms.

Game Information.

A. Application.

In order to join the dorms, you need to fill out the following form and submit it to me via the forum's mailer or PM or through my regular online address if you happen to have that as well. All previous residents shall be contacted first as we attempt to settle everybody back into the main dormhouse.

Application Form:
1 First Name.
2 User Name.
3 Muppet Roommate(s).
4 Room Number.
5 Birthdays.
6 Valid working email address so we can contact you in the event of dormwide news.

Please wait until your applications have been resolved before posting in the thread itself. Each applicant shall be attended to individually. Posts made by people not as yet approved to move in will be deleted without prejudice against that person.

B. Roommates.

Regarding Muppets one can choose to have as roommates at the dorms, keep in mind the following guidelines.

1 An applicant can select up to a total of five (5) Muppet characters as roommates if they so desire. You don't have to have five if you don't want five, I leave that to each individual applicant to decide.
2 Characters from all Henson productions are available to be chosen as roommates with a few exceptions.
a. Baby Muppets... What would they be doing at a college/town environment anyway?
b. Human characters from the shows or movies, it'd be weird to find them being "manipulated" by other people.
3 Fanfic created Muppet characters are allowed, so long as you have at least one (1) actual Muppet character for each fanfic character of your own creation.
4 If selecting more than one roommate, please try to choose those who go well together. If you take Little Jerry, then mayhaps it'd be a good idea to have the rest of the Monotones. If you take one member of a duo like Statler or Red or Biff, then it'd make sense to take their accompanying partner as well.
5 The one overriding rule we have is that once a character has been selected by a resident, they cannot be chosen by anyone else for that term. Consult the roster thread to see who's been taken so far, and thus help when choosing roommates.
Muppet College Dorms List
6 If you feel so inclined, you may change roommates. First make sure they haven't been taken by anyone else and then contact me about making said changes. I would ask you think before requesting said changes, as the characters you have as roommates are the ones others will associate with you and I will not abide another revolving room situation where people are asking me to change roommates every other week.

C. Rooms.

The rooms in the dorms are numbered from 1 through to 59. Please select one from what is available at the time of submitting your application. Please choose from those remaining from Rooms #1-#29, as we wish to fill up the first two floors first, moving upwards to the other floors should demand for joining the dorms prove necessary to go there. A floor-by-floor map of the dormhouse will be provided within the dorms' description.

D. Birthdays.

Please include your own birthday and a birthday for each Muppet member of your party. Search for Character Birthdays at the Muppet Wiki. If you can't find one for your particular character, then:
1 Submit the airdate of when the character was first seen onscreen, or
2 Provide that particular character's Muppeteer's birthday.

E. Gameplay/Dorms Life.

Please take notice of the following guidelines.
1 For simplification, there will be three main dorm gameplay threads:
a. New Year of Memories: January-April,
b. Summer Vacation: May-August, and
c. Home for the Holidays: September-December.
These threads will be regenerated as we go through the years, invariably closed and replaced with a new one for each appropriate term. Also, if you submit an application for residency and are accepted, please make an effort to participate therein, either in your own individual everyday routines with your roommates or interacting with others. Though you don't have to be plugged in 24/7 nor have every other post be one of your own,the degree to which members participate will influence application approvals when resubmitted at the opening of each new term/thread.
2 You can use the following thread to post a descript of what your individual rooms look like, according to your own tastes and those of your roommates. Having this along with the layout of the dormhouse itself in a separate thread will make it easier to find everyone's place.
MC Dorms Descriptions
3 You can interact with other people's roommates, but please do not outright control them directly. The only time when this will be allowed is if either:
a. You are staging a Muppety musical number or play/movie with parts for everyone, or
b. You have been asked to temporarily look after another resident's roommates.
4 If you have an idea for a storyline involving yours and others' roommates that will span multiple posts/pages, please consult me about it first. I sincerely hope this will help cut down on the apparent overdramatizations in recent times, and I would also say that you try to keep all Muppet characters in character. There is some wiggle room for a bit of violence, it's been present in all Henson productions, but PLEASE do not let it get carried away.

The last thing I will say is ultimately, have fun, and hope you enjoy your stay here at our home on the MC forums.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (whispers): So, think Cotterpin'll be mad if we sneak back into the room?

Pearl (whispers): How do ya figure?

Kelly (whispers): She wanted the credit for being "mega-awesome" or whatever. You know what a glory hog she is.

Pearl (shrugs): We'll make it up to her. Put a nice plaque thankin' her on the door or somethin'.

Kelly (nods, finally reaching room 2, and giggles)

Pearl: What is it?

Kelly: Cotterpin and the Doozers worked so hard to fix it up, they fixed the opening I used in the door to let her have a way out and in. *poofs up a tool kit and creates a foot-by-foot garage door setup that can be operated by remote control* That oughta work. Now people can't just see in, either.

Pearl: Why was that a problem?

Kelly (stares at her blankly): Um ... the room was ... uh ... co-ed ...

Pearl (nods quickly): Gotcha.

Kelly (opens the door): O_O

Pearl: O_O ... Wow.

Kelly (stars in her eyes): It's GORGEOUS! We even have our own mini-bedrooms now! And a living area --.

Pearl (gasps with delight): An' a stage for mah rehearsals!

Kelly (squees): And our own bathroom! Score!

Pearl: Ain't there bathrooms in the building?

Kelly: We're on the opposite end of the hall. It's almost a sixth-eighth of a mile to that bathroom.

Pearl (shakes head): Yeah, that ain't gonna work, not at mah age.

Kelly (strokes chin thoughtfully): Well, I'll have to add some garage doors to our rooms too, so Cotterpin won't have to struggle to get our attention. Other than that, it's PERFECT!

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
In room 7, the gang has pretty much finished unpacking, and now everyone's in the common room, eating popcorn and playing a storytelling game.

Storyteller: Yes, that's right...now, then, does everyone understand the rules?
Beige: No, but that never stopped us before. Pass the popcorn, will ya, Scooter?
Scooter: (handing over popcorn) Here you go. So, Storyteller starts off with a few lines of story...
Erin: And then the next player fills in with a story, and so on and so on.
Nora: We used to play this a lot on camping trips when I was little...and it got weird sometimes.

Storyteller: Ahem...once upon a time, there was a young man who dreamed of going out in search of adventure in the world...
Beige: This better not be another yarn about Traveling Matt.
Storyteller: Pipe down, Beige, I'm not done talking here. Anyway, one morning he set out with a backpack, walking stick and his compass, feeling very prepared. And he walked a long way, over hills and dales, until around lunchtime he entered a bustling town and came to...your turn, Beige.
Beige: That diner on 25th and West where you can get three chili dogs for a dollar. So he handed over his dollar and sat down to eat. But the place hadn't been visited by the health inspector in a while, see, and after he ate the third chili dog, he turned into...over to you, Nora.
Nora: A salamander, just like the ones that got loose again in Coming Unbound this afternoon. He slithered off his stool and headed for the door just as the health inspector finally came in for a visit, and barely escaped being trampled to death. Out on the streets, he wondered where he could go for help, and then he remembered...Scooter?
Scooter: Okay, let's see...um, a bizarre scientist and his sidekick who had come through his village several months ago demonstrating Insta-Gro Pills and stuff like that. He asked himself, "Why not, I'm a salamander, it can't get worse than this." He headed for the lab, but when he got there he found...your turn, Erin.
Erin: That the scientist had gone away on vacation and that his sidekick was resting comfortably in a nearby mental hospital. The lab had been rented out as an extra office to the law firm of Welcher, Moocher and Snitch. They listened to our hero's tale of woe, and they said, "We can't turn you back, but we can sue the diner. All you need to do is..."

(and it continues on like this for several more rounds)

Storyteller: And our friend was hailed as the savior of the city, and a statue of him was put up for all to see, and they all lived happily ever after.
Beige: You mean the evil flying dustrags never appeared?
Erin: I was going to suggest a wandering balladeer who only knew "Best That You Can Do," but I guess I'll hold it for next time.
Scooter: For the next one, let's do something about something living beneath the floorboards at the Muppet Theater.
Nora: Like what - a colony of rogue Koozebanians? Or some new theater ghosts?
Scooter: Gonzo's mold collection - they've been asking for a permanent spot on the bill for weeks now.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Gets up for a glass of milk and to brush teeth before going back to bed. Gotta get our room layout posted... And keep with the list. Wonder if Erin got that PM. Oh well, she'll reply, she hasn't let me down yet. *Finishes in the bat-room, then nods off once more. :sleep:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Beth: All right, back once again in old room 3. Just you and me just like when we first started
Red: Yep! The good old days
Beth: The good old days. So, should we unpack a bit?
Red: Oh if we must.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Huggles to Beth. Don't forget... Summertime now. That means... Pooltime! :excited: Glad to have you back here Beth.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Pearl (to Kelly, in their living room): Hey, wanna jump in the pool?

Kelly (shows up sopping wet from taking out the darlings in the storm): Does it LOOK like I wanna get MORE wet?

Cotterpin (happily drawing): It's "wetter", not "more wet". I thought you went to college, heehee. Oh, by the way, Digit says to stay here. He's gonna propose to you.

Kelly: WHAT? *faints dead on the floor*

Pearl (to Cotterpin, as she picks up a magazine): Now, that wasn't very nice, sugah.

Cotterpin (shrugs): I was entertained, and that's all that matters.

Pearl: You wouldn't like it if someone said that kinda thing about Waldo.

Cotterpin: Oh, I'm confident about me an' Waldo. I'm even working with him on a project. I'm so happy we tend to see eye to eye to eye with each other.

Pearl (counts, confused)

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Pearl (dragging a fainted Kelly to the poolside, to Chamberlain, smiling, dumping off her cargo): Hey, sugah ... soon as Kelly here gets all bright-eyed again, she just can't wait to thank you for that nice flower you gave her.

Cotterpin (nods): An' I, as a Doozer, completely agree: water is stupid and icky.

Kelly: ZZZZZZ ....

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Kelly (mumbling in her sleep): When single shines the -- *wakes up in a panic* Huh? Where am I? *sees Chamberlain patting her on the head, smiling instantly* Hi. *looks around* How did I get to the pool? *sees Pearl snickering* Ah. *to Chamberlain* I never got a chance to thank you for the flower. *nuzzles Chamberlain a bit*

Cotterpin: O_O

Pearl (sighs and jumps ... carefully this time, to avoid damaging something like she did on the roof :stick_out_tongue:, in the pool)

Status
Not open for further replies.