"Major and important" Muppet announcement coming soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
With the fact that twitter is now the easiest place to pretty much complain about something, valid or not, it’s bound to happen. I’m calling it.

Really makes me miss the days when not everyone had access to the internet.

datman24

Reaction score
With the fact that twitter is now the easiest place to pretty much complain about something, valid or not, it’s bound to happen. I’m calling it.
People did that on internet forums, too, and sometimes still do (especially if you've been on this one).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I get that. The only difference is they go unnoticed because forums are sadly a thing of the past now.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I do wonder just how much they'll have to cut though. Like, will all the scenes removed from the season 1 DVD be included or remain excluded? I don't really mind either way because, at times, cutting a few parts actually made those episodes flow better.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I do wonder just how much they'll have to cut though. Like, will all the scenes removed from the season 1 DVD be included or remain excluded? I don't really mind either way because, at times, cutting a few parts actually made those episodes flow better.
This is what I’m most curious about too! Like I wonder if they had to go through any hoops with celebrity likenesses or music rights or anything.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I’ve heard that Disney Plus does include bonus features with some of its movies. Wouldn’t it be great if, as a bonus feature, the site included all of the episode-specific promos to go along with each episode?

rowlfy662

Reaction score

Looks like the page has gone up in preparation for it being added on the 19th. Important things to note. Their is a trailer which is the fifth seasons intro & people will be happy to know its in the correct aspect ratio.
Also in the details section their is a Content Advisory Warning which states

"This programme includes negative depictions and /or mistreatment of people or cultures. These stereotypes were wrong then and are wrong now. Rather than remove this content, we want to acknowledge its harmful impact, learn from it and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together".

So by the sounds of things these will be unedited regarding the some of the jokes & will not be stretched. Though still no mention if songs will cut.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
WOW! Look at that! For once Disney actually pulls a Warner and actually ACKNOWLEDGES past history but doesn’t just edit it out! That is seriously a shocker coming from someone like them!

.....and yet they still refuse to release Songs of the South :rolleyes:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
WOW! Look at that! For once Disney actually pulls a Warner and actually ACKNOWLEDGES past history but doesn’t just edit it out! That is seriously a shocker coming from someone like them!
They've put that on a few things, I think (like Dumbo and Peter Pan, and some random Donald Duck short that didn't really need it).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually wasn’t aware of that, but alright, fair enough then.

Status
Not open for further replies.