Lovin' It?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think PETA pretty much has all of McDonald's new slogans now. :rolleyes:

You know, I'm against cruelty to animals as much as the next person, but when it comes to animals that are going to be consumed by humans... of course they're going to be killed anyway, so what's the big deal?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think PETA pretty much has all of McDonald's new slogans now.
"PETA! Where milking cows is considered cruel, but milking human women is completely acceptible"

To fully appreciate this, consider what state a woman would have to be in for that to be possible. Really... that doesn't sound cruel at all.

Or how about
"PETA! We care so much about animals that digital representations of meat throw us into a tizzy. Just pretend we don't put animals down ourselves."

SSLFan

Reaction score
Funny, I had this crazy dream where PETA had protested SW for complaining that they used real turkey feathers for Big Bird's costume, saying it 'violates the turkey rights'.

But, isn't a turkey already dead when the feathers are plucked?

Fluffets

Reaction score

You know, I'm against cruelty to animals as much as the next person, but when it comes to animals that are going to be consumed by humans... of course they're going to be killed anyway, so what's the big deal?
Well it's just terrible, I think it would be ok to still keep them in (huge) pens but not kill them, that way they wouldn't have trouble in the wild.:big_grin:

Yorick

Reaction score
My favorite will always be: "It's a good time/for the great taste/of McDonald's" which probably has a lot more to do with nostalgia...but at any rate, I think it sounds best.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My favorite will always be: "It's a good time/for the great taste/of McDonald's" which probably has a lot more to do with nostalgia...but at any rate, I think it sounds best.
Yeah... and you know what else I miss? Mac Tonight. I miss when you could do whimsical stuff, even in adult commercials.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I enjoy classic commercial jingles, but the "I'm Lovin It" one is a bit bland and penned by Justin Timberlake. :smirk:

I grew up with Grimace and loved that adorable purple blob, but I was supposed to. The fact is, he's basically Joe Camel for another harmful product. To be honest, I don't think fast food should have kid-friendly marketing. It's toxic and slowly kills more people than smoking. That's the truth.

I used to smoke and consume fast food and most of my friends still do. I just don't think McDonalds should be pointed at kids unless there are *real* healthy options.

Still, I'm a sucker for a good jingle. :embarrassed:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah... and you know what else I miss? Mac Tonight. I miss when you could do whimsical stuff, even in adult commercials.
Yeah I wish I still had my Happy Meal Mac Tonight action figure. Might be worth something now! :wink:

I'm in no position to comment on nutrition because I'm very bad at staying away from junk food, lol. Still, I think balance is the key, not getting rid of junk food entirely. And some people may disagree on this, hehe, but I get a little tired of people bending over backwards to make healthy food taste good or seem cool. More often that not, the results are poor. Frankly, children (and adults heh) should be taught that healthy food isn't always going to taste great; you still need to eat it anyway! :wink: