Look! "Before You Leap" is an amazing book

Beauregard

Reaction score
I can't seem to find a thread about this amazing, unbelievably
Muppity book which was recently released, but it certainly deserves a thread, a discussion, and about a dozen darn good reviews because this book is everything the Muppets stand for, silliness and tons and tons and bucket-loads of heart.

I started reading it today, and have yet to put it down (Aside from now, and to eat dinner, and to visit the bathroom, and to get some chocolate, and to find a mirror [see page 78]) and I think it deserves some hype and chatter!

Beau

Frogster

Reaction score
I know... I had no idea that it exsisted. My cousin Tracy was the one who bought it for me out in D.C. It's just such a great book. Yeah, there's one-too-many references to how Miss Piggy is abusive, and a few too many frog jokes, but it's just such a pure and simple book. And Jim once said, simple is good.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, I agree with you on the too-many-pig-snides...but Piggy is a huge part of Kermit's life and it is his bio, and I always picture him ducking when he writes it and then secretly smiling when Ppiggy doesn't notice. I'd have liked a few more sprinkled Muppet references, he centres on Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo and Pepe...but then again, maybe that's the way it should be?

While on the subject of Piggy let my type out a perfect quote on the subject:

"For me, love has always been defined by Miss Piggy. (She even sent me a dictionary with our picture next to the word "love.") And I am glad that Piggy is in my life. Really. This isn't a coerced confession. I mean it. Oh sure, she and I have different opinions about the nature of our relationship, but we both care deeply for each other. And I wouldn't have it any other way."

*melts*

Beau

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I loved the book...I really enjoyed that it acknowledged all parts of Kermits history including Sesame Street (although I could not find any references to Very Merry Muppet Christmas or Muppets from Space). I thought for the most part it stuck to Kermits voice(or the voice of the other muppets who intrude on Kermit's book) My favorite section is Fridays with Fozzie.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!! This book is the single most amazing piece of Muppet merchandise ever!!!! It is the coooooooooolest!! And so so so so very funny! Every other sentence is a joke, be it pig, bear, prawn, heckler or whatever (Gonzo pun intended, yes)! It's just fantasticabulous(TM)! It's all so very touching and heartwarming too...I LOVE how he keeps the subtle, "Thank you Jim"'s going. It's awesome! Truly the greatest Muppet purchase I have ever made. And yes, I agree Kermit, thank you Jim, for making this all possible. :smile:

Smiles

Reaction score
Yes, yes. Before You Leap is teriffic, and I remain majorly surprised that there wasn't much discussion on here about it.

I just recently got back from Disney, and (after my 3 veiwings of muppet vision 3D) I went into the store and was like "Wait. New muppet book? What?" So then I bought it and finished it that night when the rest of my family members were sleeping.

Yeah, so it's really great. If you haven't already bought it, I strongly suggest you do.

matleo

Reaction score
I haven't bought it, but I flipped through it oter Day at Borders and it looked really good. I'v put it at the top of my Christmas list this year! From what I saw it loked like it was really written in Kermit's voice. I particulalry like the section where he talked about working with Jim on Sam and Friends and then also acknowledged Frank, Jerry, Jerry, Dave Lazer, Mike Frith, Dave, and Steve (no mention of Richard though :boo: )

But yeah I can't wait to read it all. It looked great!

--Matt

Frogster

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd say Fridays with Fozzie was my favorite as well... the entire book is just really great though.

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
I've got two chapters left to read. But I'm luvin' every word of it.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
Anyone going to submit a review:confused:? I'm going to buy the book tommorow at the school book fair:excited:!