Little things we've noticed

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Okay, I know I was battling depression in 2004, but I guess it really affected me more than I remember, because I literally don't remember this whatsoever:

I know I watched Season 35 when it first aired, and of course, a number of the reruns afterwards, but I have absolutely no memory of this segment whatsoever . . . seriously, I was just reading the Season 35 wiki page, and when I came across the blurb about Madlenka and how it alternated with Global Thingy, I honestly was like, "Huh? What?"
Same with me. I watched that season a lot, but don't remember Madlenka, don't really think about it often when it's not brought up, and somehow when I do think of it I think it came a little earlier.

DatH

Reaction score
Same with me. I watched that season a lot, but don't remember Madlenka, don't really think about it often when it's not brought up, and somehow when I do think of it I think it came a little earlier.
I barely remember this
Remembered the globe shorts and the yelllow and purple guy shorts more

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
In the cartoon segment "J for Jacket, Jenny and Jeff", when the two African-American kids were revealed, the two names appeared in that order, but the genders from left to right were actually male and female respectively. Has anyone noticed this?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Also, I did learn that the Canadian film segment that was shown on both Canadian Sesame Street and later farmed to the U.S. version that featured a blind boy narrating his day, the name of the blind kid is revealed to be Bruce Toews, as his segment was uploaded seven years ago.

The film was first shown on the U.S. version in February 1983, I believe.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Also, I downloaded "Disco Frog" yesterday, and I discovered that, when Kermit said "It's the disco frog!" it sounded like he said a certain expletive that started with S (sounded like "(S-bomb)'s the disco frog!" Has anybody noticed this?

I can see why the segment was aired infrequently during 1980 through 1987. Though I do like the song - perhaps Kermit's best song on Sesame Street ever, in my opinion.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I’ve never thought the line sounded like that. If it is why they eventually stopped airing it (which I think would be more because of disco…. Though some disco segments lasted until the late-1990s), it didn’t stop Sesame Workshop from putting it online and releasing it on DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Lately I’ve been really enjoying the song “First Grade” (which I am not sure if I had seen before about six months ago), and just a few nights ago, I noticed something about tr custodians: one is blue, the other is orange, but their noses are the color of the other one.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
With the 20th anniversary of the segment’s debut being this past Friday, I felt it’s an appropriate time for me to say I’ve finally figured out a secret to the Count’s Pipe Organ NOTD segments.
No, I haven’t determined who’s performing each pipe, but I do know the next best thing, the keys he pressed. Now, you too can experience the joys of the Number of the Day (if you own a piano or something like that).
  1. C3
  2. C#3
  3. D3
  4. D#3
  5. E3
  6. F3
  7. F#3
  8. G3
  9. G#3
  10. A3
  11. A#3
  12. B3