Little things we've noticed

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So for the first time in a long while, I rediscovered the song “Take Care of that Smile,” completely forgetting how the song went and what footage was used in the segment until I watched a few 90s episodes that had the song intact. I saw it listed on the wiki under episode guides but didn’t bother looking it up on YouTube until I saw it in those episodes. It all came back to me.

But anyway, goes without saying, but it’s clear the footage filmed in preparation for this song was also filmed during production of “Fixin’ My Hair.” I am however wondering if both songs were recorded the same day in the booth? Considering it’s pretty much the same vocalists (Kevin on lead and the same vocals with the back up).

On another note, I remember feeling slightly creeped out as a kid seeing the llama “lip sync” to the bass singer’s vocals; it made me think the llama was the one actually singing those parts. 😐

wiley207

Reaction score
While this is technically from "A Muppet Family Christmas," it still counts because of this thing featuring the Sesame Street Muppets. A random thing I noticed is when the Sesame Street gang finishes "Deck the Halls" with that final "laaaa", most of the Muppets toss their heads back, but the Count instead jerks his head down forward!

Is it some weird vampiric tradition? Or was Jerry Nelson (or whoever was puppeteering the Count there) making it more unique from the others? Just a random observation I always noticed.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Normally, I don't care for any Sesame episodes from Season 36 onward, but I did make one exception. I noticed, in Episode 4083 (Season 36 premiere), Rosita mentioned she has an aunt named Rosa. According to Muppet Wiki, Rosita has a mother also named Rosa, as revealed in a 2008 episode. Either there were different writers in those episodes, or there may have been close relatives named Rosa.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Normally, I don't care for any Sesame episodes from Season 36 onward, but I did make one exception. I noticed, in Episode 4083 (Season 36 premiere), Rosita mentioned she has an aunt named Rosa. According to Muppet Wiki, Rosita has a mother also named Rosa, as revealed in a 2008 episode. Either there were different writers in those episodes, or there may have been close relatives named Rosa.
Or it’s a simple case of they forgot.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I can’t believe I didn’t notice this until today, but at one point in this segment:
A boy in a wheelchair is moving his legs.
In what universe does that make sense?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It looked to me like he was barely forcing them to move with his own body.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I can’t believe I didn’t notice this until today, but at one point in this segment:
A boy in a wheelchair is moving his legs.
In what universe does that make sense?
I thought people who use wheelchairs could still move their legs but just can’t walk.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I thought people who use wheelchairs could still move their legs but just can’t walk.
That's a very, very common misconception. Sure, they have limited mobility, but some of them can walk to a certain degree, they just need a little assistance. Our member Colbyfriends is in a wheelchair, but he can actually walk a little if he has a walker to lean on, and it may take him a little bit of time, but he can do it.