Little things we've noticed

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Until colored screen grabs surfaced, I honestly always thought the keyboardist of the Nickmatic’s (entire) shirt was white and not a green shirt over a black and white stripped one.

It’s also nice to see Nick’s hair color better; the lighting always made it look red to me.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I noticed something about the speech balloon skits. Apparently, the "C for Cat" skit was possibly the only speech balloon skit to feature the voice work of Casey Kasem. I never knew that Casey Kasem did voice work on any speech balloon skits until I saw it just now on episode 1319 (Day 4 of the Puerto Rico trip). I get a feeling that Casey Kasem was probably one of the original voice actors in Sesame Street cartoon segments. I wonder what season his voice work was first heard? I am leaning towards the second season.

Also, while on the topic about the letter C, I noticed the cowboy in the Cliff Roberts animated "C for Cowboy" appeared to be invisible, just showing the mustache and the apparel.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I was looking over the guides for the Lefty skits that aren’t publicly available yet, and it looks to me like the one with Herry and the paper bag only aired once and the season 2 skits with the ME sign and notebook only aired in their respective season. No wonder those ones have been tough to find.

cjd874

Reaction score
So I was looking over the guides for the Lefty skits that aren’t publicly available yet, and it looks to me like the one with Herry and the paper bag only aired once and the season 2 skits with the ME sign and notebook only aired in their respective season. No wonder those ones have been tough to find.
Is the snowman sketch available in English? I've only found a foreign dub on YouTube- not sure if it was Hebrew, German, or Arabic.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Unfortunately it’s not. The latest it was shown going by the guides is season 16 (2016).

cjd874

Reaction score
Interesting that it wasn't shown after season 16. I've always wondered when the show stopped running segments featuring "dead Muppets" like Lefty, Harvey Kneeslapper, Roosevelt Franklin, Nobel Price, etc. I heard that they still showed Harvey's segments well into the 1990s.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Harvey’s skits stopped showing after season 32. Lefty’s stopped after season 29. I don’t believe Roosevelt and Nobel’s skits even made it into the around the corner era.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems like the continued showing Roosevelt segments until season 17 or 18, though the 1980s didn’t seem to show the classroom sketches. And segments where he’s just in the background would continue from time to time (the segment where Ernie locks Bert out was last seen in season 30).

I know that one Dr. Nobel Price segment aired in a season 20 episode, after the character was dropped in season 19.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Yeah, the last Nobel skit to air was season 20. The Roosevelt Elementary skits stopped after season 10, and the last Roosevelt skit to ever air was in season 18.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Herbert Birdsfoot segments aired from time to turn in the 1980s and 1990s, I think few and far between. Season 25 showed the M/W segment, and, again, he was in the background in the “Ernie locks Bert out” segment which last aired in season 30 (and I guess that’s the last time they played a Herbert Birdsfoot clip).