Little things we've noticed

cjd874

Reaction score
Definitely Kevin. He was a natural, and Elmo was a riot on live appearances like talk shows and such.

RICKY GERVAIS: Elmo, do you know what necrophilia is?
ELMO: Where did you lose this interview?!
I remember seeing this video a while ago. Ricky just burst out laughing like a hyena for a good twenty seconds or so. Honestly, he was no match for Kevin that day.

If I recall, Kevin ended up laughing at one of his own jokes, but amazingly he remained in character and emitted Elmo's high-pitched giggle instead of a deeper laugh.

Yeah, either Kevin or Joey Mazzarino. God, Joey was hilarious in live appearance!!
I haven't seen too many of Joey's interviews or live appearances, but he was pretty funny as Murray Monster and as Spill O'Reilly (a one-shot Grouch character). Those two, I recall.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Frank honestly wins ad-libbing for me.

Probably because of his great humor that comes from his characters.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
It's hard to make out, but uh..

Is that some type of Big Bird kitchen item in the shots of the family eating dinner?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think so, but man, how unintentionally racist with the fried chicken, collard greens, and black-eyed peas!

Schfifty

Reaction score
A few things I have to say about the film:

1) It makes me miss when people would go outside and play more often...nowadays we have tablets and phones for kids to use. :sigh:

2) You can tell how old this is by the music. Sounds straight out of the late '80s.

3) The video game they're playing at the end is RBI Baseball on the NES.

cjd874

Reaction score
Frank honestly wins ad-libbing for me.

Probably because of his great humor that comes from his characters.
Yeah that's where I stand. Even in his later performances, Frank Oz was an ace at ad-libbing. Look at the 2004 episode where Cookie Monster writes the "King Cookie" story with Gabi's help. Frank did an amazing job in that one.

And let's not forget Grover in the Outrageous Makeover sketch: "Stevie, tell the crew we'll be spending the night! [to Mr. Johnson, who is sobbing] Uh, do you have a hot tub? [to cameraman] Are you getting the crying? I think there's value here."

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
A few things I have to say about the film:

1) It makes me miss when people would go outside and play more often...nowadays we have tablets and phones for kids to use. :sigh:

2) You can tell how old this is by the music. Sounds straight out of the late '80s.

3) The video game they're playing at the end is RBI Baseball on the NES.
For real though! I saw two little girls with cell phones recently, and I'm just thinking "are you ******* kidding me? :rolleyes: "

And I also feel old just looking at that NES. I only had one game for it (Blades of Steel; hockey game; I was more of a PC gamer back then), but it was certainly alot of fun.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I wasn't the one who noticed this, but someone on YouTube in a comment pointed this out:

Oscar has said that if he took a bath, he'd still be orange . . . so how is it he didn't go back to being orange after being in the bath in "Do De Rubber Duck"?

cjd874

Reaction score
I wasn't the one who noticed this, but someone on YouTube in a comment pointed this out:

Oscar has said that if he took a bath, he'd still be orange . . . so how is it he didn't go back to being orange after being in the bath in "Do De Rubber Duck"?
Well...that's a continuity error if there ever was one. :smirk: