Little things we've noticed

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Video 1: That's probably not Noel. The film pieces are typically done independent of Sesame's main production staff, so the only way Noel would've been involved is if he knew the producer of that film.

Video 2: Yes, that's Noel.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Video 1: That's probably not Noel. The film pieces are typically done independent of Sesame's main production staff, so the only way Noel would've been involved is if he knew the producer of that film.
Figured that was the case. I saw a comment from someone on YouTube saying that might have been Noel, and while I highly doubted it was him, the skin tone and eye shaped looked like him.

On another subject - I've also wondered if the same person who made the film (or at least composed the music) also had involvement in production in the paper crumpling letter skits (or if it's just a coincidence that it used a portion of the music).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know at first the Oinker Sisters were inspired by 80s female punk rockers of the time, but it's only recently occured to me that the lead Oinker Sister is apparently heavily modeled after Madonna of the 80s.

Dare to compare"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest though,

I always loved seeing the Oinker sisters in their 80's getup. As a general do wop group, ehhh. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
80s Oinker Sisters, again, were pretty much a reflection of 80s all-female punk or rock groups of the day (Bananarama, The Go-Gos, The Bangles, what have you), so that made the reference pretty relevant at the time. I always found their transformation into pig versions of The Supremes in the late 90s and early 2000s an odd direction to take the group into, considering there were a number of really prelevant genres and sub-genres of music in the 90s they could have very well fit into.

But then again, there's also the matter of The Squirrelles, who were around in the 90s, and basically were nods to 60s female do-wop groups like The Shirelles and The Crystals, so . . . I don't know, I guess the production/writer/music staff of the show at the time felt compelled to pay tribute somehow to 60s acts, who knows?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what I kind of thought of?

The Ed Sullivan performance with Mahna Mahna and the trio of Twill, Harrison and Grump in their string quartet could have been remade with Bip and the 3 blank Muppets from Fat Cat (with the lavender guy performed by Richard Hunt).

Eh, I dunno. Just a silly thought that came in my head today. :stick_out_tongue:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In regards to characters looking like real people....

I will say I always thought How Now Brown kinda looked like Weird Al Yankovic in the 80's.