Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, so getting the thread back on track. . . .

I had assumed that Jerry Nelson had performed the bassist simply because I know a shoulder injury in the 70s forced him to perform left-handed for a while, but I believe that was in the mid-70s, and this song wasn't until the 1979, long after. I mean, it's still highly probable that it's Jerry, just not because of a shoulder injury.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Nah, they just switched to doing it on YouTube instead.
Yeah, I see them now.

Okay, so getting the thread back on track. . . .

I had assumed that Jerry Nelson had performed the bassist simply because I know a shoulder injury in the 70s forced him to perform left-handed for a while, but I believe that was in the mid-70s, and this song wasn't until the 1979, long after. I mean, it's still highly probable that it's Jerry, just not because of a shoulder injury.
The trusted docs list Jerry as a performer (doesn’t say which puppet though), but given the slowness from the bass player, I’m sure it probably was him performing the puppet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Meanwhile, the process of elimination leaves Jim and Frank as the other two. It isn't a hard stretch to imagine either of them as that drummer though; they both had tendancies to really ham it up, even with background characters like that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I remember as a kid I was pretty intrigued by the sound of Herman Happy’s laugh and how it fades out when the curtains come back down.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Marty seems to work glove-handed puppets better than he does rod-handed puppets.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Absolutely. I don't want to say he gets sloppy, but the movements feel very "erratic" and not fluid as he is with Telly.