Least likeable Sesame character?

cjd874

Reaction score
Baby Bear and his speech impediment.
He was a straight-up jerk in his first few years, wasn't he? Thankfully David began to add more depth and emotion to Baby Bear over time...

I'd also add that sometimes Ernie and Grover were top-tier A-holes too. Take a look at some Ernie/Bert or Grover/Mr. Johnson sketches...I think that they just come off as oblivious, stubborn, and/or disrespectful.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
He was a straight-up jerk in his first few years, wasn't he? Thankfully David began to add more depth and emotion to Baby Bear over time...

I'd also add that sometimes Ernie and Grover were top-tier A-holes too. Take a look at some Ernie/Bert or Grover/Mr. Johnson sketches...I think that they just come off as oblivious, stubborn, and/or disrespectful.
Ernie is an f'ing A-hole; casual SS fans will never realize that he was the real dick, not Bert. Bert was just a victim.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
In the case of Ernie, I really think he’s just trying to be a good friend; he just overdoes it and doesn’t know until Bert finally snaps.

If anything, sometimes I think he might have aspergers.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as Grover goes, well, this IDGet comic strip actually offers up an interesting backstory as to why he always screws over Mr. Johnson:

http://idget.thecomicseries.com/comics/209/

But I mean, Frank said it himself: Grover just wants to be helpful to whoever he can, words like "can't" and "won't" aren't in his vocabulary (nor are "cannot" and "will not").

Cookie3001

Reaction score
One SS character that just annoys the crap out of me is Sonny Friendly. I hate that character and I mean it 100%. He screws with people in all his game shows and when the other SS residents get mad at him over this he just stands there laughing and smiling like an idiot. Also he replaced Guy Smiley and Guy Smiley was one of my favorite muppets

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Baby Bear, after his first few seasons, is honestly one of my favorite characters.

datman24

Reaction score
Let's see *cracks knuckles*:
Elmo
Joey and Davey Monkey
Humphrey and Ingrid
Benny Rabbit
Stinky the Plant
Monty
All the Montster Clubhouse characters
and nearly every post-1990 fairytale, number, letter, and object character

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's interesting how Benny and Stinky were originally intended to be somewhat generic characters, but Grouch-related characters at that . . . like Benny was intended to be a Grouch Rabbit, and Stinky was intended to be a Grouch Plant . . . I guess that explains their negative dispositions, and their shaggy eyebrows.