Learn Something New Everyday Thread

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually just figured out alcohol can really eff up your sleep.

Yeah, short story, I had Italian wine and got pretty trashed cause New Year’s Eve. But I always find I have an extremely hard time sleeping if there’s alcohol in my body. That’s why I just flat out don’t drink the stuff unless it’s a special event like last night. Plus it’s only raised my blood pressure 🤷🏿‍♂️

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Two things if you count your hatred for them.
Well played.
I actually just figured out alcohol can really eff up your sleep.

Yeah, short story, I had Italian wine and got pretty trashed cause New Year’s Eve. But I always find I have an extremely hard time sleeping if there’s alcohol in my body.
Then obviously, you didn't drink enough! You really need a lesson or two from the master of binge-drinking to the point he will sleep the entire weekend in jail and leave first thing Monday morning: Otis Campbell.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If I drink enough alcohol to the point I’m puking that’s when I easily black out pass out. Otherwise, if I’m binge drinking one alcoholic beverage then I’ll be out for a bit and wake up completely not tired.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Do you know what might help you sleep easier? Have a glass of water after every glass of wine. You won’t punish your body so much.

Or try sangria. Cut up some apple and orange slices. The fruit will help absorb some of the alcohol.

I’m looking out for ya. Having a drink is fun.
Lying head first in the toilet is not.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Alcohol is pretty much a no go for me. I quit drinking that stuff the beginning of last year. I only drink it on New Year’s Eve. Otherwise it’s not something I need in my life. It all tastes like **** and it only raises my blood pressure.

But yes, water is definitely a big advantage. Helps with a really bad hangover too.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Snowthy, remember the Seinfeld episode where Kramer got a high-pressure shower head?
If your shower or sink faucets are running slow, it might be a simple matter of changing the water filter.
Every house or apartment building has one.
Wherever the water pipes are (usually in the basement by the furnace). You shut the water off so you don’t start a flood. The filter unscrews, and you dump out the rust and sediments. A new filter is about twenty bucks in Home Depot. Replace or rinse out the old filter. Stick it back in the fixture, screw it back hand tight, you’re good to go.
This should be done once or twice a year. But the whole job only takes ten minutes.
And you can do this yourself. You don’t necessarily need a plumber.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You ever notice how in a lot of cities, it's always the east side that's usually full of slums and ghettos and such, while the west side is a lot more afluent and opulent (and let me tell you, my city is no exception to this)? Apparently, there's actually a reason for this . . . and it dates all the way back to the Industrial Revolution. Y'see, the way the earth rotates and revolves affection the directional flow of our winds from west to east, during that period, winds would often blow all of that smoke, dust, soot, and other pollution into the eastern parts of cities, and people who could afford to relocate would do so into the western sides of their cities, while the poorer folks would remain behind in the eastern sides.