Learn Something New Everyday Thread

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
I already knew I shared my birthday with Paul Lynde and Tim Allen, but I learned that I also share it with the late Mary Wickes, as well as the Olsen twins, Kat Denning . . . and Bob McGrath!
I share my birthday with quite a lot of famous people as well.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Kevin Bishop, a.k.a. Jim Hawkins from MTI, is the current voice of 2D from Gorillaz. Sort of.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nope. Poor education, poor economy, high poverty, and high crime rate.

Apparently the only part of this state that's booming or thriving is Nashville; the rest of the state is tanking.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Nope. Poor education, poor economy, high poverty, and high crime rate.

Apparently the only part of this state that's booming or thriving is Nashville; the rest of the state is tanking.
Not good. I assume your elected officials are all and only about "free enterprise" and put education on the back burner?

Struggling here in WI to undo the damage done by Scott Walker and his corrupt cronies. There are lawsuits out challenging a lot of the "lame duck" legislation passed by a bunch of self-interested state reps last year.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Education is never usually a priority of theirs, no. In fact, for whatever reason, they're all about border security right now . . . as if we're even a border state, and somehow directly affected by illegal immigration.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Education is never usually a priority of theirs, no. In fact, for whatever reason, they're all about border security right now . . . as if we're even a border state, and somehow directly affected by illegal immigration.
None of the southern border states are up in arms about the "invasion" of illegals. Only white members of northern states with winter snowbird homes down south.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Being a lesbian has always been legal in the UK, but being gay was only decriminalized for men in 1967.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Being a lesbian has always been legal in the UK, but being gay was only decriminalized for men in 1967.
Because when the law was being written in the Victorian era, and legislators asked the Queen whether it should apply to women as well, she replied indignantly that women would NEVER do such a thing! (apocryphal story)

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Because when the law was being written in the Victorian era, and legislators asked the Queen whether it should apply to women as well, she replied indignantly that women would NEVER do such a thing! (apocryphal story)
Lmaoo. That's hilarious and depressing at the same time. The underground lesbian scene probably flourished though.
Still, I think we know the real reason Victoria didn't outlaw it. :wink: