Kermit's "Official" Birthdate?

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
Oh, you're absolutely right here BEAR.. thanks! Yoda is OZ all the way, yes?

I'm really an old-fashioned Muppetite -when that happens to Oz,
I HOPE the press doesn't list 'Yoda' FIRST in the credos, ya know...

Same for Oscar and Big-Bird - if Spinney ever 'spins out of this world', right?

Is Carol 'still' performing these two on SS?...
..and HOW ABOUT IT NOW folks?....
Can we 'officially' declare Kermit's birthday as May 9th, 1955 from this board?..

I'M IN - although I'm going to HAVE to refer to this as 'Henson's Kermit' - more thoughts?
:smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
I read in a Henson-related book once that Jim said Kermit's birthday was Leap Year Day (February 29th).
I was just going to mention that. In Sesame Street Unpaved, it says his birthday is on Leap Day.

BEAR

Reaction score
JimmyDeanDog said:
Oh, you're absolutely right here BEAR - thanks!

I'm really an old-fashioned Muppetite....

Same for Oscar and Big-Bird - if Spinney ever 'spins out of this world', right?

Forgive me, but IS Carol still performing with them? Thx!

Spinney is still performing both Big Bird and Oscar, though occassionally Matt Vogel fills in as the Bird. Vogel is training to someday take over the role completely. You can tell as there is a definite difference in vocal quality. I'm not a big fan of Vogel's performance as Big Bird.

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
That's probably because (they) wanted to 'tie-in' the LEAP - with the frog...

I say May 9th, 1955....
Oh, I 'have' been saying this here -!! oh well...

Teheheman

Reaction score
Off of his wikipedia.
Although it has been said and discussed many times, Kermit's birthday was known to be May 9, but since it was Jim's first and well-known creation, they had stated that he was born September 24http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_24, the same as Jim Henson, only 1955.
That's what it says, I could be wrong though. Oh, and just my opinion, but Jim Henson's soul will NEVER die, as long as we have the Muppets, Sesame Street, and the Fraggles. Henson's soul will never die. His heart, soul and being were put into designing and performing these muppets and for that, a piece of him is in all the characters that he has created and performed before his untimely death in 1990. He will live on, and his legacy will still live on. VIVA LA HENSON, VIVA LA MUPPETS!

Daniel

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Well said Daniel. Very well said. And Happy birthday Kermit!

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I feel Kermit never died when Jim Henson died. Hes still great and i still like him as i think most people here do.

Honeydew

Reaction score
Kermit's birthday was known to be May 9, but since it was Jim's first and well-known creation, they had stated that he was born September 24, the same as Jim Henson, only 1955.
I'm going to stick with May 9 for Kermit's birthday.

Mickey Mouse is Disney's most famous creation, but you don't see a movement to change Mickey's birthday from November 18 (Steamboat Willie's debut) to December 5 (Walt's birthday).

On September 24, I'll be honoring Jim Henson's 71st birthday, and wishing he was still with us. It's hard to believe that in one week from today, he will have been gone for 17 years. :cry:

:confused:

anytimepally

Reaction score
Today's also The Muppet Show guest star Candice Bergen's birthday. she's 61 :smile: