Kermit's 50th Anniversary World Tour

unclematt

Reaction score
Nothing to get nervous about. You will be fine.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
redmans said:
Brenda Jackson, curriculum director for the Kermit Independent School District, said that Kermit the Frog will cheer at the pep rally, announce the homecoming court and be the honorary homecoming king.
Um... They do realize that Kermit is a hand puppet that's about a foot tall, don't they? How do they expect 30,000 people to see him?

:stick_out_tongue:

Ktowncoach

Reaction score
Ernie,

Well they certainly can not get 30,000 people into our stadium... seats about 5-6000 with standing room.
I am sure that they will find a way to accomodate, this is muppet/disney we are talking about.
I think 10000 people will be a more accurate number.
Bryan

theprawncracker

Reaction score
You sure are lucky Ktowncoach! I wish Kermit was at my homecoming to do stuff!:smile:

unclematt

Reaction score
I think that is my new goal in life, to see the Frog in person just once.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I wonder if he will just be in one location in england...

DannyRWW

Reaction score
unclematt said:
I hope he comes to Chicago more than once.
Aww man this kermit texas thing sounds so crowded I can't imagine what chicago will be like.

unclematt

Reaction score
Yeah but Kermit Texas is the kickoff. It should be one of the biggest stops.

rtgentry

Reaction score
Kermit Texas

Hi ho, I am back from Kermit Texas with an update

The town looked cool with paintings of Kermit on all the business windows.
At 10:30 we went to the city Hall where the Mayor of Kermit presented Kermit with the Key to the city, dedicated a newly painted pic of kermit on the water tower, they renamed a park and street after him also.
Steve was sneaky, I did not see him come on stage. Kermit just popped out of the podium. I did see steve slide staight back from the podium to the back of the stage.
Kermit just thanked the town and all the people for having him. He said it was like being home again, not the swamp, but the town where him and an old friend started .
A band played happy birthday to him.
When kermit left and all was over, I went to the side of the stage and I could see Steve sitting there .
He finally came onto the stage, once most people left, I walked up to the stage and had him sign my Jim Henson :the WOrks book. He signed Steve on the page with him and rizzo and then he signed for kermit and steve at the begining of the book on a pic of kermit.
That was the best part of the trip. I could not speak with him due to all the "muppet holding people or disney people that were keeping everyone away from him.