Kermit Might not be in Macy's Parade 2006

Big Bird Fan

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
NEW YORK, Nov. 5 (UPI) -- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York will not feature Charlie Brown and Kermit the Frog this year.

While the inflatable images of the two children's characters will be notably absent from the 2006 version of the traditional event,
Did this statement bug anyone else? I never really thought of either character being a children's character.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Children's characters... oh boy. I don't want to get on a rant about why things are segregated as "Adult" and "Child." ALl I can say is, what the shell are the adult characters gonna be? Some has been from some reality show? Or do they mean "Adult" like a giant Jenna Jameson balloon? :rolleyes:

I know Snoopy's got his new balloon, but I miss Charlie brown being the star of his own comic, and not just his dog! Well, that kills my dream of a Linus Balloon.
That is a bunch of Crap I Cant believe they would do that just because some folks had an accident, the wind blew it over
An ounce of fevered scared prevention well after an accident happened is worth a pound of actually doing something about it when it mattered. That's the motto of everyone. I wonder how long it's gonna take until all the balloons are 2 feet long and contracted into tiny round spheres.

wes

Reaction score
Big Bird Fan said:
Did this statement bug anyone else? I never really thought of either character being a children's character.
People are stupit they use it because they couldn't spell Iconic:smile: He he he!

Teheheman

Reaction score
That's bull, although I see where they're coming from, the wind might blow those balloons down, and the way that those 2 balloons are constructed, they could very well land on people or knock stuff over. BUT, the children's character/Adult character debate is this. The adults today, were yesterday's children. That's why they say they are childrens characters. The kids that grew up with them, are now adults. But, they will always be known as childrens characters because that's when you get introduced to them, as children. If you're an adult and are just getting introduced to the Muppets or Peanuts, then you are messed up or Amish.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
BTW, am I the only one here that saw this coming? I mean, Disney Not sponsering the Kermit baloon?

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
Ho Ho Kay

Lemme set somfin' straight... It's the Macy's Day Parade - NBC is it's chosen Ho I believe.

Disney's Parade is the Philadelphia Boscov's/Campbell's WPVI (ABC) Thanksgiving Day Parade.The oldest Thanksgiving Day Parade in the nation. The Kermit Balloon with the Santa Hat was in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade 2005. I have pictures and evidence, since I work for one of the sponsors. We also had Cookie Monster and Oscar...

This year '06 - in our parade we had Oscar... But I didn't see him - I had to work the parade tent we sponsor. We had crappy weather and the parade for all intensive purposes was shortened (I think) dunno - Was in the tent and only saw the freebie grabbers.

I hope to be in on what ballon we sponsor next year - This year we had a Snowman... Whooo Hooo! - I will make it a mission to be in on next years sponsorship.:smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Blinky_Fish said:
The Kermit Balloon with the Santa Hat was in the Philadelphia Thanksgiving Day Parade 2005. I have pictures and evidence, since I work for one of the sponsors. We also had Cookie Monster and Oscar...

WOW, man! Could you post them if you have a chance? That'd be great :crazy:

BEAR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
AHEM... lemme clear this all up. Kermit WAS used in 2004, after the Disney deal, and was sponsered by "Muppets", meaning Disney furnished it for that year. HE was absent last year. I think it's because Disney wanted to Pimp their crappy kid's show JoJo's Circus, instead. I mean, JoJo's Circus? Anyone ever even heard of that? Is it that popular?

JoJo's Circus is actually a very well-done and popular children's show on the Disney Channel as part of the Playhouse Disney lineup. So it makes perfect sense that there would be a JoJo balloon.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
:mad: well we can have some hope for the disney chirstmass parade rember two years ago when they even hosted halve of the parade. :smile: