Jimmy Fallon to replace Conan on "Late Night"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
But then again, his Simpsons episodes were some of the best there have ever been. Fallon has never made me laugh at all... even Will Ferrel made me laugh on occassion before his onslaught of hit or miss films.... I did really enjoy Anchorman, and I didn't even think I would.

There inlies the problem... while Conan had no experience, Fallon had experience, but let's not forget that a lot of people don't find him funny at all. The writers are gonna have to work hard to get him to that level.

I'm just concerned Conan won't be able to do any of his schtick, since people want Jay's show in that time slot....
I don't know I think that Conan fans will keep watching The Tonight Show!

vaati64

Reaction score
I don't think that I'll watch late night with Jimmy Fallon either, but I may at least watch his first episode to see if I will like it

vaati64

Reaction score
I am particularlly excited to see Conan coming out here to Los Angeles. I live an hour to an hour and a hlaf away from LA. Although, my parents don't like Conan, so I ay have to use the birthday excuse just to go see Conan

Teheheman

Reaction score
I'm planning to go and try to see Conan when I'm go to LA later on this year. I hope that I get in cause sometimes they only allow a certain amount of people there ya know? I'm ready to see how Jimmy Fallon does tonight, he has high expectations, and we'll see if he'll meet them tonight.

Daniel

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I am particularlly excited to see Conan coming out here to Los Angeles. I live an hour to an hour and a hlaf away from LA. Although, my parents don't like Conan, so I ay have to use the birthday excuse just to go see Conan
I hope you get a chance to go. I mean he is in pretty high demand.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea Conan is going to be a hot item to get into for a little bit i would love to be there on the very first show, but I know the crowds for that historic show would be a whole lot.

Here is what im thinking about. We kind of know what Conan is going to be like on the Tonight Show, but we really don't know much about what Leno is going to do with his new show. Leno's new show will be a huge first as well, and i just hope that it won't take some of Conan's spotlight away.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Conan was a talented comedy writer yet came from relative obscurity so he had a lot to prove and big shoes to fill in replacing David Letterman. Fallon was one member of the SNL ensemble cast, but was never able to gain audience appeal as a single act even though he was given several chances so it will be interesting to see if he can hit the right note this time.

I always found Leno's program to be low-brow humor that connected to a mainstream college crowd sort of audience. It worked the same way that McDonald's is popular. It requires little investment and blandly serves a wider palette than Letterman's more specific cerebral and goofy antics.

Conan fell on his face for the first couple of years before he became comfortable enough to go for broke and let his freak flag fly. Fallon seems like the class cut-up to me. The one that tries to hard and is uncomfortable for me watch.

Talk shows have been in prime time before. Leno's isn't the first. I do wonder what his format will be and what that entire block of NBC will be like. Leno, Conan, Fallon and then Daly? That's four hours of talk right? They'll be competing for guests within their own network. The perk for Conan being bumped up to the Tonight Show is about the wider choice of guests and increased viewers. It was Leno's decision to relinquish his post and he picked Conan. Now he's stealing his thunder. Old habits are hard to break, I suppose. This all has a familiar feeling of worming the Tonight Show away from Dave.

I just don't know what to think. :confused:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I mean they were always Paring Fallon with Horatio Sanz who had his funny moments, but do not put those two in the same room at the same time together or they will both become very unprofessional and stumble over lines from the cue card man and giggle like schoolchildren through the whole thing.:rolleyes: It's just turns me off from liking them...:stick_out_tongue:

I do agree about that that's what Jay's humor is like, but it's interesting, because Dave in the one famous for attracting the collage crowd. And not the honor belongs to Conan, because he really has that crowd right now.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yea and From what i can see from watching some Late Night with David Letterman clips on Youtube, is that Dave has pretty much stayed the same though out his shows, and I think If Conan was to change who he was for the Tonight Show then fans would be going for Letterman. Also I have seen some interviews done by Jay about his new show and I don't think he will have guests, and just be mostly comody. In some way I kind of wish that they would do that with Conan insteed of Jay. Becaise Conan has more energy younger and still willing to do things out of the studio. Like the old time base ball skit that i keep watching over and over the last few days.